I can't admit it to Happy though. He's just gonna encourage me to go for her but I'm pretty sure she just sees me as her best friend. And if I even try anything, it'll probably just ruin the friendship.

"Happy, you literally have no idea what you're saying." I barked back.

"You're just saying that because you know I'm right." he snaps.

He doesn't stop, does he?

-One hour later-

After what seemed to be forever of me and Happy just going back and forth, there was finally a knock on the door. I looked at myself in the mirror real quick just to make sure I'm not blushing or anything from all of Happy's accusations of me liking Y/N and headed to open the door.

"You better keep your mouth shut." I pointed at Happy. He rolls his eyes and just sits back down on the bed. I opened the door to see Y/N in a yellow sundress. She looked really pretty.

"Hey!" she greets with a nice smile.

"Hey, you look great!" I complimented. I hear Happy snickering the background and I turn and give him a death stare. He immediately stops but keeps he stupid little grin on his face.

Y/N and I eventually headed to the beach where the bonfire is taking place. It was a beautiful night, there were a lot of stars out and the bonfire was beautiful. There were other people from the resort who came out to enjoy the bonfire too. There were a few little stands that handed out food. It was pretty cool.

"This is pretty cool!" Y/N exclaims, pretty much reading my mind.

"Ha, yea! I gotta try not to eat that fire though." I joked. She giggles then begins walking.

We brought our towels to lay on the sand next to each other and just chill. It was quiet for a moment but I decided to break it.

"So," I started. "How're you?" What a stupid question, Natsu.

"I'm pretty good, feels a little weird to be back." she answers. "Whats up with you?"

"I'm pretty good too." I reply back.

And its silent again. I really wanna talk to her but for some reason I feel nervous.

"It honestly feels so weird to be back." she mentions again.

"How come?" I asked

"Well, its just different since I was traveling for so long. I felt like a bird constantly flying everywhere." she snickers.

It may have been weird for her to be back but it was weird ever since she left.

"So, how'd you and Lucy meet?" She suddenly asks.

"Oh, its actually a pretty cool story!" I said. "I was in her hometown looking for Igneel and we happened to bump into each other. Since then, we've been good-"

"Oh my gosh! Are you Y/N L/N?! The famous Ice Dragon Slayer?!" Some random dude interrupts me. Not gonna lie, it pissed me off that he rudely just interrupted us but I guess thats what happens when you're a really well-known S-Class wizard. "And you're Natsu Dragneel!"

I looked up at him. He was about our age and he had brown scruffy hair and blue eyes. He seems a lady's guy like Loke. I gave a nice smile though since he's obviously a fan of me.

"Omg, I'm like a big fan of you guys! Where are the others? Wait..." he pauses for a moment and squints his eyes. "Is this a date?"

Y/N gives a small laugh but she was caught off guard for a second.

"No, it's not date." she politely responds. Not gonna lie, it hurt a little bit.

"Oh, well in that case," he says with a smirk. "Are you free tomorrow Y/N?" My eyes widened. This dude is really gonna ask her on a date? She better say no but knowing how too nice she can be sometimes, I doubt it.

"Oh, I-" I interrupted before she can respond.

"No, she's not." I said with the most straight face I can make.

"I wasn't really asking you Natsu." he snaps back while rolling his eyes at me. That's it. "So Y/N, I-"

"You better walk away or else, I'll roast you alive." I threatened with a death glare. I feel myself getting fired up. He rolled his eyes again and just walked away. I did a little victory smile and just looked back at the bonfire.

"What the hell was that Natsu?" Y/N asks. I looked at her and she was upset.

"That guy was a creep." I answered.

"But he was a fan. And you were rude to him." She said.

"He just wanted to get with you!" I exclaimed.

"But why did you have to give him attitude?"

"Because I don't want any guy to take advantage of you."

"Still doesn't explain why you were so mean." she rolls her eyes and just looks at the bonfire. Fuck.

"I'm sorry, Y/N." I said. I took a deep breath then looked down at my hands. "I don't like the idea of you being with a guy."

"Why?" She questions and looks at me with and eyebrow raised. "You know I'm gonna-"

"Because!" I exclaimed, still not making eye contact with her. "I-I..." I stuttered. I don't know if I should risk it or not. This can ruin everything. I have to snap out of it. I don't know what this feeling is and I can't act out. I gotta just play it cool. "It's nothing. Don't worry about it."

"Huh?" she says. I ignored it and just began walking away back to the resort. I don't know how to handle the situation at this point. I probably look like an asshole right now but whatever at this point.