Chapter 7: Huh?

Natsu's POV

Finally getting off of that stupid fucking train was the best moment to ever happen to me. I will always hate trains; they're the worst thing on this universe. Period.

I'm excited for this vacation though. I haven't seen Y/N in so long and just seeing her again makes me so happy. Happier than usual. Happy says I "like" her but I'm not that type. Pretty sure no girl would ever like me so it'll just be me and Happy.

Erza checked in to the resort and we head over to our penthouse. We each get our own room so I happened to get my room across from Y/N's. Since its getting late, Lucy mentions we should all go to the bathhouse.

"You guys go ahead, I rather go to the beach." Y/N said.

"At night?" Gray questioned. God, he's so annoying.

"Yea! There's a bonfire going on tonight and everyone staying at the resort is invited." Y/N explains.

"Fire? That sounds like my type of thing!" I shouted. I got a few shushes but I ignored them.

"Well you guys go on ahead, Lucy and I will be at the bathhouse." Erza states with a smile. Lucy and Erza go back into their rooms to get ready for their bath.

"What about you Gray?" Y/N asks.

"I'm just gonna go to bed early, I'm pretty tired." he replies. "But I'll see you guys tomorrow."

We say goodnight to Gray (I just rolled my eyes at him) and he goes back into his room, leaving me and Y/N alone in the hallway. I don't know why but all of a sudden my heart began beating faster than usual. She looks at me and smiles.

"So, you wanna come to the bonfire?" she asks. I nodded and smiled back. "Ok! It starts in an hour so I'm just gonna fix myself up a little bit."

"Sounds good!" I exclaimed with a toothy grin. She nods then goes back into her room while I go back in mine. Happy is chewing on fish and I just plop onto my bed.

I smile to myself though. The thought of spending time with Y/N sounds nice especially since I haven't seen her in so long. She's my closest friend out of everyone in Fairy Tail; she truly knows pretty much every single thing about me and has always been there for me. Since she's also a dragon slayer, she pretty much understands about having our dragons just get up and leave one day. I shook my head to not get my thoughts to into it.

"So," Happy starts with his mouth full of food. "Are you nervous about this date with Y/N?" I looked over at him in confusion.

"What date?" I questioned.

"You knowww." he snickers and gives me a grin. I raised my eyebrows at him and he rolled his eyes. "The bonfire?"

"That isn't a date!" I declared.

"Come on Natsu!" Happy snaps, getting up and putting his two paws on his hips. "You like Y/N!"

I almost gagged when he said that. What makes him think I like her? She's my best friend, either way no girl would ever like my dumbass.

"What makes you think that?!" I exclaimed.

"Face it Natsu!" he begins. "You've mentioned to me that your heart 'mysteriously' started beating faster when she showed up and I noticed you're a lot happier around her. The way you look at her too is something I've never seen too." he explained with a stern look on his face. I can feel my face burning up and slightly turning red.

It's true. I'll admit it that I may or may not like Y/N. She just makes me so happy and her personality is something you can't not love. Her H/L H/C always catches my eye and her smile is so contagious and beautiful. I always try to make her laugh because she has the most perfect laugh I've ever heard. Whats not to like about her?