I heard him muttering to himself so that told me he was awake.

I got up and walked out to the living room.

He was on his phone, seeming to be chatting with someone. He was smiling though which made me wonder who he was talking to.

"...who ya textin'?" I asked, looking at him.

" uh...it's no one. Don't worry about it. " he said, not even taking a second to look up from his phone.

I sighed quietly. He always told me who he was talking to if I asked, he knew I was only curious and usually didn't care.

Now that I think about it, he's changed a lot lately. He's been growing distant and it makes me upset because he's been my best friend for as long as I can remember. We've always been a team, gone through hell and back together.

The only time we really hang out is when we're shooting eachother up even though we live in the same damn apartment.

I decided I'd head out to the dealers place since I had to go there at some point today so I figured why not now.

I got my sweatshirt and shoes on, heading for the door.

Jeff didn't even notice. Normally he'd come with.

I sighed quietly to myself as I walked outside.

I put my sunglasses on since it was pretty sunny and to hide my bloodshot eyes.

I got in my car and drove to our dealer. Luckily we got a bit of a discount on out stuff since we were good friends with the dealer.

I parked and got out, walking the rest of the way to his apartment.

I knocked on the door a few times before getting an answer.

Jimmy, or Yuma as I liked to call him, opened the door.

" Yo! I was wonderin' when you'd show up. " he said, giving a dazed like smile.

" Yeah, yeah. Just figured I'd get it out of the way now. " I replied, walking into his place.

" Oh c'mon, you know you love bein' here. " he said as he shut the door.

" Sometimes. " I said with a slight chuckle, sitting on the couch.

" So where's Jeff at?" he asked, sitting across from me.

" At home. "

" He sick or somethin'?"

"Nah. He's been out of it lately I guess you could say. "

" What do you mean?"

" He rarely talks to me anymore and the only time we really hang with eachother is when we're shootin' up. He was so caught up in texting someone earlier he didn't even notice me leave. "

" Maybe he's got a girl or somethin'. "

" I doubt that. He probably would've told me if he did. "