06 - Truthful Madness

Chemino sighed, "These rats simply aren't enough to gain an accurate view on the workings of my serums..." With a rat in his hand, he stabbed a syringe into it and injected the rat with his serum. His hand left the rat as it plopped back onto the table. "Five, four, three, two..." Chemino pointed his finger at the rat and the hair shed off it and its skin turned to scales. He looked around and took a knife from his pocket, without a second he sent the knife through the reptilian rat. "I can't let you get loose in a facility like this or Andotrosse is sure to kill me or something. Enter!" A knock on the door occurred then stopped, the door opened to reveal Scott.
"You knew I was coming?" Scott closed the door behind him.
Chemino shook his head, "I hadn't the faintest of clues. But, like I told your friend Della, what I show you of my laboratory works is the least of the spoils, all of the greater ones I keep for myself."
Scott noticed the reptile on the table, "That's uh... One of your greater experiments?"
Chemino looked at the corpse on his table, "Nothing I have use for, but I'm sure someone will." He looked Scott dead in the eye. Scott could feel the intensifying energy in the room as Chemino attempted, and likely succeeded, to stare into his soul. "But of course I need a young human vessel to properly test the fullest results of the serum. I don't suppose you know of anybody?"
Scott shook his head, "I know only of the adult victims of Andotrosse's madness."
"Oh yes, quite. Andotrosse's madness is truthful madness as it has no end goal. He goes as he sees fit. You know how that differentiates me from him yes?"
"No, honestly, I don't."
"I have a very clear end goal, regardless whether or not it makes to anybody who isn't me."
"Do I dare ask?"
Chemino smiled grimly, "Accepting of all potential fatalities, kill Andotrosse."
Scott grew a look of severe concern, "I'm sorry? Are you wishing to be a hero or are you just insane?"
"If I get him killed the system falls apart and we all die - We all get out of this hell-hole we call a reality."
Scott looked down and his eyes popped, "Certainly some genocidal... Plans..."
Chemino looked down, "My designs are no less than what Andotrosse wants. Only difference is Ando wants to see this to the end, and I'm fine with being the first casualty of my plan." Chemino looked back at Scott, a certain fire lit in his eyes. "Andotrosse lacks the balls to actually fight anyone, meanwhile I'm preparing myself to take on whole militaries. If I have to kill him myself I will, but I trust it will not come to that." Scott turned and looked at the walls. Chemino looked at him curiously.
"I came to ask you if you had gotten any sleep lately." Scott finally spoke.
"No but in about 3 minutes I probably should, it'll give me another few hours of wake."
Scott nodded and proceeded out of the room. He looked over his shoulder at the madman behind him. Chemino's head drooped as if he was asleep where he stood. He returned his gaze to the front, entering the elevator.

Two Defense Agents stood in front of the front desk. Both wore rather special armor that was a greenish blue rather than a solid black.
"Why exactly are we watching the front desk at 2:00 AM again?"
"'Cuz rumour has it Chemino is up to some fishy business and we need to make sure he does nothing questionable."
"That's it? We're here over a suspicion the mad scientist down stairs will do something crazy - like he hasn't already made himself a god?" The elevator in front of them opened.
"Yes it sounds quite stupid but it is what we get paid to do."
"And I will be relieving you of the files that need protected." Scott spoke as he approached the Defense Agents.
"Mr. Adams, what files do you need?"
"Anything on uh... Jake Jensus."
"Um... Sure." The Defense Agent walked behind the table and opened the drawer, flicking through the files until he found the one in question. It slipped out of the drawer with ease, straight into the hand of Scott. "Why do you need these files specifically?"
"I trust Chemino just about as much as you do, and I would think giving him a second place to look for them will - if not stop - hinder his progressions." Scott examined the files intently, seeing the information the journalists had acquired. "7 years old, most definitely fits the profile. I will be back." Scott closed the file and began down the hall. He heard the elevator door begin opening. Of curiosity he rounded the corner and waited. He heard someone emerge from the elevator.
"Dr. Jinlaggi? What brings you here?" One of the Defense Agents asked.
Chemino was not happy, or in the least but satisfied with the charade the Defense Agents upheld, "The kid, his files, now."
"What kid?" The Defense Agent asked.
"You know who it is I am asking for and I'll not do it twice. His files in my hand in 10 seconds or you die." Chemino's eyes shifted to the other agent, "Both of you!"
The other agent spoke, "Listen, Dr. Jinlaggi, those files don't exist."
"Fine." Chemino snapped, the Defense Agent looked down to see a hole pierced through his chest. The Agent looked back up and fell to the ground, lifeless. Chemino looked to the other agent, "Will you lie as well?"
The Defense Agent drew his pistol and aimed it at Chemino, his hand shaking violently, "You are u-under arrest for taking the life of officer-" A beam of energy went through the Defense Agent's mouth, cutting through his spinal cord and rendering him useful as a head of cabbage. As his body hit the floor, Scott slid the files slowly and silently into his suit. He stepped into the hall and looked at Chemino, the bodies were gone.
"Dr. Jinlaggi? I looked already and they said the files weren't there." Chemino looked Scott dead in the eye. The sudden intensity of the air screamed Chemino felt that lie whistle past his ears.
"That's a shame. Goodnight, Adams." Chemino proceeded to the elevator. Scott stood there, trying as hard as he could to maintain his composure. As the door opened, Chemino stepped inside. He turned his head to look Scott in the eye once more. As the elevator door closed, he muttered one last sentence.
"Don't lie to me again."