CH4 : Rise And Shine

I’ve never been so comfortable in my life.

Usually I’m a bad sleeper. I know I toss and turn because I almost never wake up in the same position I fall asleep in. One minute I’m laying on my bed and the next I’m waking up with half my body on the ground and a sock missing from my foot. No matter the thread count on my sheets or how great the memory on the mattress I’m sleeping in is, I never feel this good. Good enough not to want to wake up even though I’m starting to.

There’s something poking onto my back through, so I turn my body around to get more comfortable. I’m instantly warmer when I nuzzle myself deeper into the pillow that’s half covering me. I’m seriously in love with this pillow. So much I wanna take it home with me. In fact, I’m definitely taking home this warm pillow that’s blocking all the light and smells nice like freshly cut trees. Spice and woodsy, perfect.

The pillow starts moving under me so I slap it hoping it'll stop and get closer to it by wrapping it in my own arms. I’m getting cozier until the pillow starts breathing really hard on the top of my head and so I reach out to cover the air vent. My hand closes around a pyramid shaped thing that’s soft, but not soft enough to be a pillow.

 My eyes pop open.

Then they drift up, wide, towards the thing still in my hand that isn’t a pillow. It’s a nose, and the face it’s attached to is starting to turn purple.

Chace’s limbs spring off my body like I’m in fire, right in sync with my own. His legs untangle themselves from mine, before his hand brushes past my bare back and retreats next to his body. I miss the feel of his legs against mine, which is the worst part of all.

That’s when we both scream.

“Ahhhhhh!” We both yell in sync again. His eyes are as wide as mine if not wider, but then again he’s the one who’s still dressed in flannel pajamas and his Zelda shirt, and I’m the one in my freaking underwear.

I’m still screaming when he decides to stop and accuse me.

 “Were you trying to kill me?” He screams breathlessly. You can still see the imprint of my fingers on the bridge of his nose. He’s looking at me like I’m on a mission to suffocate him.

 “What the hell are you doing in bed with me!” I accuse louder, once I stop screaming.

“Me with you? You’re the one who ended up in my bed!” That’s when I decide to look at my surroundings.

A Star Wars poster tapped on his door stares at me in the face while I try to recover from the shock of spending the night in his bed of all people. Because that’s what I did, I quickly and painfully realize.

We both settle down until the only thing that can be heard throughout the room is our uneven breathing. Neither of us stare at each other. I don’t because I’m still staring at his room in embarrassment. My eyes move too fast before they’re back on my legs still under the comforter. I’m about to meet his eyes when something catches my attention.

“Is that-“ I don’t even finish the sentence because my eyes are trained on the lump from under the bed that he tries to cover with his hand. Putting a whole new meaning to rise and shine, he makes a weird grunting sound before I let out a battle cry.

“Gross!” I yell, before using all of my force to push him off the mattress. I hear his body thump on the floor. I’m too stunned because it was obviously his erection poking me in the back that woke me up. If I wasn’t so grossed out I would have laughed at how funny he looked on his way off the bed. 

Chace shakes the fall off before sitting upright. His bed isn’t very high and the guy is at least six feet, so his head sticks out over the edge of the mattress. His hair is all over the place, not that it’s very long but it’s not a buzz cut either.