"Woman."

  "Oh, shit, she's coming this way."

  I sat up straight and watched as Janet plastered a fake, toothless grin on her face. I tried not to laugh.

  "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to bum rush you guys, but I'm a big fan of both of you. I just wanted to come and say hi."

I turned around and faced a tall, dark-skinned woman with light brown eyes, probably in her late 20s. She had very curly but short hair and a nice frame.

  "No shame in that, nice to meet you." She stuck her hand out, but I opted for a hug instead. She smelled like some kind of flower.

  "Oh my God!" She gushed. I chuckled. "I love you so much, you have no idea. Your first album is all that plays in my house."

I felt Jan kick the back of my chair. I guess the hug went on for too long. I pulled away.

  "Can I hug you too, Ms. Jackson?" She asked timidly. I glanced at her. She had a look in her eye, but she still smiled and stood up to hug her.

  "You are the reason I dance. You've inspired me so much."

  "That's so sweet. What was your name?"

  "Jordan."

  "That's nice for a girl, I like that." I chimed in.

  "Thank you." She tugged at her hair. "Well, I should let you guys enjoy your night out, thank you for letting me say hello. And all that you do. Both of you."

  "Aw, Jan!" I held my heart. "You're so sweet."

"Well thank you for your support, Jordan. It means a lot. It was nice meeting you." Janet was just about to turn and face her drink again.

  "You don't want a picture or anything?" I inquired before she left. I heard Jan sigh audibly. I wasn't quite sure what her issue was.

  "Well I heard celebrities don't really like when people do that, so I was just gonna-"

  "Oh, nonsense. Come, let's take one. Jan, are you in?"

  "How about I just take it?"

  "Oh, hush. Get in here, baby." I waved her off.

"Y'all are adorable." Jordan got her phone out of her pocket and held her arm out until all three of us were in the picture. She took a couple, then quickly moved away. "Thank you both so much. I should be getting back." She said cheerfully. "Enjoy the rest of your night."

  "You too, Jordan. Ugh, she was adorable." I sat back down.

  "You think so?" Janet muttered. I furrowed my eyebrows.

  "Yeah, uh, Jan? What was your issue. She was so nice."

  "Yeah. She was." She sipped her drink.

  "You weren't so nice. So explain."

  "I didn't have an issue."

  "You totally did." 

  "Blame the liquor then, I don't know."

  "Or your jealousy," I muttered to myself. "Hey, look! Mystery Man's got a friend for Preston and they're all talking now." I looked at them all sitting  at the bar, flirting back and forth with each other. Gay men were their own species.
"You think somebody's getting some tonight?"

   "I don't know, Pres is a little conservative in that regard. Gil? No doubt in my mind." Jan said. I laughed.

  "How long are you planning on staying out tonight?"