Devil's Chase

As the celestial moon covers the looming darkness Meg feels the immortality of time is cheating on them. They shouldn't have waited and believed that Artemis could keep his promise. She must save him no matter how dangerous it could be. Maybe it's not yet too late to stop the curse. Running to her mother's bedroom, she must not waste more minute.

"I must save him mother, help me!" Her agitated tone brings fear to her older sister behind the wheelchair of their mother. Yet the old matriarch is calm.

"It might be too late. We warned him to be back on this day. All you can do now is save The One Of Us and you must find Whoever It Is among them."

She kneels down begging for the blessings of her mother. "Please mother, Artemis needs me NOW."

Sighing, the old woman warns her daughter. "It's dangerous my child. Whoever leaves this home could not be shielded from the lurking evil."

"PLEASE...Artemis must be safe here with us. I'll bring him back." Grabbing her mother's hands, Meg pleads before the seventy year old woman with tears cascading like a gushing waterfall on her cheeks.

Glacilda feels the strength of the grip from her daughter's hands. She knows that there's no way to stop her most strong willed child. Either she gives her blessing or let her daughter walk away on the valley of death as the devil chases her. "Get the cloak Luna. and follow us to the Triquetra."

Meg wheels their mother to the basement as Luna goes to the closet.

Her younger sister is already kneeling infront of the Triquetra when Luna enters the basement. She puts the cloak over Meg and helps her mother step on the large symbol on the floor which has been there since time immemorial.

Kneeling with her daughtrers, Glacilda raises her hands over Meg's head as she begins chanting, "Bless O' Thee from the Devil's den. Let the cloak hides this strong Maiden. Save her life as she chases time to stop the devil's crime." Luna follows in the chant repeatedly until the Triquetra glows.

" Luna follows in the chant repeatedly until the Triquetra glows

Meg walks away even if her heart is failing. The promise of death might be kissing her in the other side of the world but she must tread on. She throws a last glace to her people. They are all scared but the fright gives her more strength for she cannot let another next of kin dies without a fight.

 They are all scared but the fright gives her more strength for she cannot let another next of kin dies without a fight

She unties the white cloak as the rusty gate closes behind her. Celestial lights cover her face, slowly kissing her whole body until the orbing begins.

  Celestial lights cover her face, slowly kissing her whole body until the orbing begins

Meg closes her eyes, readying herself to step on the unsafe ground. When the white cloak turns into a dove, she's gone from the sight of her family.

Shivering from the cold, she opens her eyes feeling the presence of Artemis closing in. He might be still alive. The chilling weather that greets her cannot deter her from following the dove as it flies over drops of red trails staining the snowy road. Her heart is palpitating wildly and erratically as she starts to run, calling Artemis.

 Her heart is palpitating wildly and erratically as she starts to run, calling Artemis

Immeasurable grief embraces her as she finds his body nestled on the ground. The dove lands on the lifeless body. She kneels before him and inspects his face while crying in anguish. His eyes are both gone. She touches his heart, he suffered from heart attack. If she's earlier, she could have saved him. She puts her hands over his eyes to close them and whispers a little prayer for her brother's poor soul.

The dove flies away leaving her in solitude as her heart wallows in deep despair.