Chapter 4

I hate math.

I stare down at my algebra worksheet and sigh a lot louder than necessary. I've been sitting here, at this goddamn desk for thirty minutes and how many problems have I solved? One! I've solved one fucking problem! In thirty minutes!

And I don't even know if I did it right.

I lay my head down on the desk. Closing my eyes I try to concentrate on the math, but for some reason I just can't seem to re-focus. Not that u was really focused in the first place but still.

I look up at the note that Oikawa left for me yesterday and a smile to myself. I can't believe he actually left me a note like that. Quite frankly, I never imagined him as being like that.

He always seems so smug and full of himself. Him leaving me such a sweet, heartfelt note says a lot about him as a person though.

No one at the Karasuno seems to like him very much. It's for good reason though. I mean, we are technically opponents. Well, at least we are when we're on the court. Outside of volleyball though, there's really no need to hate each other. There's nothing personal between us. We just play on opposite, rival teams.

All except for Kageyama. He's the only one who might have some grounds for disliking Oikawa. From what the ex-captain of Aoba Jonsai told me, they didn't exactly get along very well in junior high. 'I can only imagine why.'

While talking about junior high, we did managed to somehow get on the subject of crushes.

Flashback

"Hey chibi-chan?" It had been silent for a while as we were both just scrolling through our phones in silence. It wasn't an awkward silence, but a comfortable one.

I lift up my head from my phone to look into his deep brown eyes. There was a slight sparkle in his in them and I knew he was up to something. Not that that was anything new. "What is is Oikawa?"

The brunette sits up from his position of laying on his stomach on my bed and scoots a little bit closer. We're both now leaning against the headboard. "Is there anyone you like?"

"Well I like my volleyball team." I shoot a wide smile in his direction and look back to my phone. He grabs the top of my phone with his fingertips and lowers it from my face. "Oh no, no chibi-chan." I tilt my head and give him a questioning look. "What I mean is...." He makes direct eye contact with me. A small smirk curling his lips. ".... Is there anyone who you happen to have a crush on?"

The question itself caught me off guard. I never really thought about it too much honestly. I'm always so fucosed on volleyball and making it my top priority. Practice and school take up so much of my time. I don't even know how I would manage a girlfriend in between that. Or maybe even..... A boyfriend?

I shake my head at the idea. I mean, yeah, there are plenty of attractive guys at Karasuno, but I wouldn't want to be in a relationship with any of them. Right?

"No, I don't think so." I move my eyes right back up to his face and he's still smirking.

"Ok, if you say so." He goes back to his phone. I quickly turn to him and pull his phone out of his hand. "What's that supposed to mean?!"

He doesn't get mad at me, he just gently takes his phone out of my hand and laughs a little. "Oh Sho-chan, I've seen the way you look at Tobio-chan. Your not fooling anyone. Well, anyone on my team at least."

I can't help but just stare at him in complete and utter disbelief. How could he just accuse me of liking Kageyama. I don't like Kageyama. Do I?!! Oh no! I can't have a crush on Kageyama Tobio. That would most definitely not end well.