Chapter 19

Avni (in between sobs) : I missed you so much.

Neil : I wanted you more.

Avni (by kissing his hand) : Promise me that you won't let me go again. Promise me that you will always keep me beside you.

Neil (by brushing his lips on her palm) : I Promise. No one can make us apart now.

Avni (by faking anger and sniffling) : Why you took this much time to recognize your angel ?

Neil (poking at her) : The same applies to you my Angel. Why didnt you identify your Superman ?

Avni : I always had a connection with you. I think my heart knew that Neil is my superman but my mind mumbled that it is just my imagination because I started liking everything about you.

Neil (smirking) : Ohhh so my Angel was head over heels for me ? Not bad.

Avni : Dont be on cloud nine. I knew that you too liked me. I mean as avni.

Neil (teasing) : How can you say that ? I never told you.

Avni (a bit disturbed) : So you didn't like me as Avni ? How can you make someone your best friend when you don't like them ? Tell me.

Neil (himself) : Oh my Avni, you look more cute when you are worried and angry. And I love teasing you.

Neil : I never told you that you are my best friend. Did I tell you ?

Avni (by putting her head down) : No.. Nope. I am a fool. I thought that you too liked me just the way I liked you.

Neil (becoming serious now and by pulling her chin up) : You have no idea how much I liked you my avni. How can someone resist from loving you ? You are such a sweet heart.

Avni (smiling like a baby) : Seriously ?

Neil : I swear

She smiles relieved.

Neil : Oh God. How I failed to recognize my Angel ? I have wasted many precious moments with you my avni. And I am such a fool that I simply worried about my Angel when you were quite next to me. I am an idiot.

Avni (taunting) : That you are.

Neil : What ?

Avni (giggling) : Idiot.

Neil : Avni..

Avni : Neilu...

Neil : By the way, you were telling that I am your best friend and all. N then why didnt you share about Superman with me ?

Avni : Ohhh. I was sharing everything with you ok. You remember our conversation from beach house ? I was about to take the name of superman and from no where your loving friend mitali came in between.

Neil : Oh yeah. N by the by, when did mitali became my friend alone ? She is your friend too.

Avni : I admit that she is our gang member. But I am not close to her. And she is STICKY with you.

Neil : What STICKY ? Are you mad ?

Avni (in anger) : She is adhesive. And you have no objections with that too.

Neil : What ?

Avni : Yes. In fact you have no objections when any of the girl getting tacky. I still remember that day after your interview, how all the girls were coming all over you and you were standing there without protesting.

Neil : How could I protest them avni ? They were appreciating me.

Avni : Appreciating ? By sticking to you ?

Its then that Neil noticed that she is fuming with jealousy.

Neil : Awww someone is so jealous aah.

Avni : Jealous ? My foot.

Neil (by going close to her): I didnt know that you were closely watching me that time itself.

Avni : Why can't I watch you ? I have two proper eyes.

Neil : Oh my avni. Why you always like to fight with me ? This is the one thing that didn't change. You used to fight with me like this when we were kids too. May be that's why I loved to spend time with you because you reminded me of those days.

Avni : Oh. So you did remembered old days when I were with you. But still you couldn't imagine that I can be your Angel ?

Neil : Ufff avni. How could I ? You were entirely different then. You were so girly then. Very pretty in cute frocks. You were like a doll in frocks, all cute and pretty. Now you are more Tom boyish. Mostly in tshirts and Jeans.

Avni (with a sad face) : So I am not looking good now ?

Neil (concerned seeing her sad face) : No avni. When did I tell that you are not looking good. I only stated that the attire is all changed.

Avni : No. I know that I am not looking good like before.

Neil : Avni...

Avni : You know Neil. When we went to London, everytime I asks mumma and pappa about you. But they always makes some excuses to avoid that subject. And one day I overheard mumma and pappa's conversation and i remember their each and every words as crystal clear even now.  She was telling him that she fears that I can never forget you and you are my prince charming. And he told that he too wish that I be with you but we can't be together. He asked her not to worry and I am pretty enough that any boy can fall for me.

Neil (with curiosity) : Then..

Avni : Those words resonated in my mind and I decided that I wont be wearing girlish dress anymore. I didn't want to look girlish. Because I didnt want any other prince for me. I kept myself away from all the boys. Because all i want was you.

Neil (lovingly) : Avni.. You are so beautiful Avni. I am not telling this to console you. It's only a fact. Anyone can fall for you avni. Whatever dress you may wear. You still looks beautiful. If I were not waiting for Angel, I would have definitely fall for you the first day when I met you. You are cute, pretty, bold, loving, caring and beautiful. What more a man can ask for ?

Avni : You are lying. You don't like me. I remember whenever I told you "I love you" the friendship kind, you never replied me for that.

Neil : It doesn't mean that I dont like you. It just that I never told those words to anyone. For me, those words were reserved only for my Angel. But you tell me, did you see me close to any of our friends like the way i were with you. Juhi, sunheri, mitali, Rhea, tara or sitara ?

Avni : No. But..

Neil : Avni.. I can't express in words how much I love you and ever since I met you again, my heart yearned that you to be my angel.

Avni : You love Angel or Avni ?

Neil : Till the moment I came to know that you are my angel, I can sincerely tell you that I loved only my Angel but now I love my Angel Avni. You are my every...

Before he could complete the sentence his lips were sealed by her to which he reciprocated with equal passion.

Precap :

Past unvealing slowly..

Boy : This baby is so cute. I always wanted a cute sis like her. Can I be her bro ? I will always protect her.

Ashish : Why not son ? She is your sis from today.

Girl : But Papa, she is my little sis. How can she be his sis ?

Ayesha : Just the way you love him like your bro. (Pointing towards the small baby boy playing on the lap of Swetha).

Girl : Ohhhkk then no problem. He will always be my little bro and I am his one and only one big sissy. (Directing index finger at the baby boy and giggling)

Boy : But I dont like you playing with my bro.

Girl : Then I won't let you to be the big bro of my sis.

Boy : Ok ok. You better play with him then. But remember, still we are enemies.