10

Josh:
I was confused when Mel showed up at my house up until she started asking questions.
"Josh! Why were you in my mini flashbacks?"
"I used to go to the same school as you." Not a lie.
"Okay, can you go into further detail?"
"You were dating a guy I knew." Technically not a lie.
"Who?"
"You want his name?"
"Yeah." I had only a quick second to think.
"Tyler Joseph." That was a lie.
"How come I remember him, but not you?" Uh oh.
"Probably because he treated you in a shit way. Yep, flirted with girls during band practice, hurt you sometimes, and even kissed your enemy right in fromt of you."
"Oh my god! Who would ever do that?!" Me.
"I know right? I always had to comfort you."
"Thank you Joshy. You're such a good friend." She got up and hugged me.
"I'm always here for you." We chatted for a bit until she left. I do feel bad for lying, honestly. It's just that she's not ready to know yet.
Someday she will be.

Melanie:
Honestly what the fuck. This Tyler guy sounds awful! I can't believe I ever saw something in him. If he's ugly I'm actually going to die. I can't believe Josh was at that old school. It's a coincidence he's here now. I giggle to myself, and check my phone. I have a few notifications, but the one that really catches my eye is another awful coincidence.
tylerjøs3ph has just followed you
⚘⚘⚘⚘⚘⚘⚘⚘⚘⚘⚘⚘⚘⚘⚘⚘⚘