New Kid

Jonah's P. O. V

"Alright guys!" My annoying teacher began class after the bell rang as I sat in the back of the room secretly playing on my iPhone.

"We have a new student today!" she continued and I proceeded to occupy myself with my phone until her stupid introduction was over.

I don't care much about new kids. They're usually really annoying and it triggers my anger issues. Like a couple months ago, there was a new kid, Gus, and I was going off at him every four seconds.

By now I had completely zoned out on what my teacher was talking about and was focused on my game. I mean who cares about what the teacher says anymore, besides Gus. Man he's so annoying.

A while back I asked him to email the space otters team to tell them the meeting was that day and he completely forgot. Then there was this whole thing with the pancakes burning and-

"Mr Beck?" My teachers voice snapped me back into reality. She was standing beside my desk with her hand outstretched towards me.

"No phones are allowed in class. Hand it over-"

"But Mrs Hermes, I was only going to have it out for a second, and I don't really care about new kids-" I argued for my life until my teacher interrupted me by snatching my phone out of my hands causing the class to burst into quiet laughter. The teacher gave a quick glare around the room resulting in silence.

"Now, Jonah." My teacher began once more while shifting her gaze to me.

"Since you were completely disrespectful to me and the new student by using your phone in the class, I'll keep your phone until the end of the day, and. I'm leaving our new student in your hands." The teacher announced and I let out a slight groan slumping down in my chair.

This is going to be Gus all over again.

"Let me introduce him again since you obviously weren't paying attention-" Mrs Hermes started and pulled a slightly short Raven haired boy in front of her. I slowly sat up in my chair as I looked at him with slightly wide eyes.

"This is Cyrus. You're new Best friend. You can show him around from now on."
She finished as I kept my eyes on Cyrus.

He had shaggy Raven hair that gently fell over his chocolate brown eyes, a small cute nose covered in a few light freckles, and a perfect bright smile greeted by faint dimples. My mouth almost dropped open at his appearance.

"O-ok." my reply was stuttery as Cyrus sat down in the seat beside me with his notebooks placed neatly on his desk. The teacher made her way back to the front of the class as I continued to throw glances at the smaller boy beside me.

*Lunch*

Cyrus followed silently beside me as I walked him to his locker to get his lunchbox. He was only as tall as my nose and he was slightly scrawny. When we arrived at his locker he put in the combination only to fail to open it. I watched silently as the smaller boy pounded frustratedly on his locker.

"Wait, Cyrus here... Let me get that for you." I gently pushed him away from the stubborn locker and put in his combination only for it to stay closed. Cyrus looked helplessly up at me and I couldn't help but notice how adorable those eyes were.