0.07 - real life

[sadie wright's pov]

Everyone expected Keira to be the last pick. Even I did. Though, she showed up to the draft with confidence, a beautiful light blue dress fitted to her body, everyone knowing something was off. I could tell from their faces, the shock showing too much for my liking.

When it was time to pick, the first round flew by. It wasn't until the very end of the first round that I started to really pay attention. The announcers were talking about how it was most likely that a guy, Hayes Hannigan, was going to be chosen as the Maple Leafs new prospect.

Knowing nothing about hockey, I didn't know who anyone was on the screen. A guy in a suit, most likely a manager, came up to the mic to announce who they chose. The announcers finally shut up about Hayes Hannigan's accomplishments. Thank the lord.

"I really am proud to announce, from the Windsor Spitfires, someone who dominated in their league, impressing us all, Keira Kaufman." Hearing my best friend's name made me jump. She got selected? In the first round? That's how good she is?

The TV showed her shocked face, her dress now covered by a baggy sweatshirt (classic Keira), a tear rolling down her face. She got up, hugged her family and went to the stage, passing by men giving her weird looks. Once she got up there, she shook hands with everyone, and put on a jersey. A Toronto Maple Leafs jersey.

Oh my gosh.

Keira Kaufman is a Toronto Maple Leaf.