I took my hand away gently from Orlando's hand and brought it up to brush the ends of his extension blonde hair. 

"You're sort of beautiful," I said, mustering my serious expression with all my might.

Surprise swam in his eyes as he gazed down at me, and I continued speaking solemnly. "Beautiful like Barbie. What brand is your shampoo?"

"You're a buzzkill, luv," muttered Orlando in his normal British accent, breaking his character.

I managed to fake a sympathetic look at Orlando, who was frowning at me in annoyance. I stroked his chest as if to sooth his heart and nodded in fake understanding.

"I'm sorry. Did I hurt your pride by calling you Barbie?" I asked softly.

Some actors and crew who was still on the set heard our banter and doubled over with laughter.

"Just shake it off, Barbie!" exclaimed Aidan at Orlando, cackling.

"Pun intended," added Eva whose face reddened because of laughter.

"We should make a sequel for Legolas after this movie. About the twist of his love story and his tangled hair!" declared Peter Jackson, drawing collective laughter from the others.

I chuckled at that and went aside to search my bag for my phone, leaving Orlando who rolled his eyes in annoyance. I dialed a number I was intended to call as I watched him being picked by the others.

Orlando was glaring at me when the others started calling him Barbie and I smirked smugly. Served him right. 

I left the set to find a quiet place as CJ picked up my call and started ranting about late shipping for camera accessories on another set. 

I left, but not before witnessing Lee slapped Orlando's butt while Martin sang Barbie Girl.

Best job ever.

***

I arrived at West Houston Airport at 08.47 pm and hailed a cab after buying Joel's favorite pizza that we used to eat together. The cabby helped me with my luggage and I hopped in.

"Hi, 610 St. Emanuel Street, please," I told the cabby my destination in excitement. I couldn't wait to surprise him.

I smiled upon seeing Joel's apartment building and rushed inside, searching for his apartment room in the fourth floor.

I giggled to myself as I insert the spare key he gave me to his apartment building, and silently entered the faintly lit room.

I put my luggage near the door and tiptoed to his room, bringing his favorite pizza in one hand. His door was slightly ajar. 

I couldn't contain my silly smile as I pushed the door.

Everything was so surreal to me. 

Joel was lying on his bed with his naked back on me and his bottom covered by his bedcover. A blonde, pretty woman was moaning beneath him as he kissed her bare neck.

In an instant my vision went blurry and I was sick to my stomach at the sight. It was as if someone had stabbed me in the gut with a knife.

I dropped the pizza box to the floor as I trembled in hot, red anger and disappointment. My heart was crushed into pieces.

Joel turned at me abruptly while the woman yelped and covered her chest. Both their eyes were widened in shock upon finding me standing at the door.

I ran away from them and grabbed my luggage with a shaky hands, slamming the door behind me, ignoring Joel who shouted my name.

I ran as fast as I could and was lucky to find a cab.

"Just go," I said with a trembling voice.

Joel was banging on the window when the cab was leaving. 

"Lynn! Open the door! Listen to me! LYNN!!"

I fixed my blurry eyes forward, refusing to look at his face.

I couldn't think of anything and I burst out crying in the cab as soon as Joel was out of the way.

Tears streaming down my face in a constant flow. The pain in my gut was eating away at me.

How could he do that to me after all these years we've been together?

"Miss," said the cabby softly, handing me a box of tissue.

I smiled through my tears to thank him and took it. I looked up at the rearview mirror and saw the old cabby looking at me with concern.

"Are you okay, miss?"

"Yes," I said sniffling. "Can you take me to the nearest hotel at the airport, please?"

I looked down the whole time I was walking in the hotel, avoiding people's stares at my puffy, red eyes as I made my way to the hotel room.

It was cold and strange and once again tears streamed down my face and I dropped to the hardwood floor, crying my eyes out.

I lost track of time and eventually succumbed to sleep, hoping that this was just a dream and tomorrow I'll wake up from this horrible, horrible nightmare.

I woke up in the morning feeling exhausted and sore all over my body, finding myself on the cold floor at the hotel room. Tears began to slid down my cheek again upon realizing that I was living this nightmare.

I plopped myself on the bed and stared at the ceiling, throwing myself a pity party.

After God knows how long, I sat and pulled out my phone, calling CJ. After a few seconds of connecting tone, he replied with his usual cheerful tone.

"Hey there, my bunny Lynn. Miss me already?" he chirped with a gimmick, bringing a small smile to my face.

"Carter," I sobbed.

***

[Author's Note: OK so I wrote this book when I was a fetus, so of it's not so great, too cheesy or crybaby, deal with it 😂 I basically just copy paste the whole thing here without doing further proofreading. I have a lot of things in my hand 😁 Feel free to point out any grammatical or spelling mistake, I'll fix it as soon as I can. And if you happen to enjoy this book, please vote and comment. I do love comments. I think I'm a comment whore 😂😂😂 Cheers, sexy reader!]