T E N - Bite

"Good wolf"

.
.
.

[Three days later]

Yoongi's pov

It was the kind of morning I hated the most.

The air was starting to get even colder and the sun took so much longer to show it self... not to mention that waking up at four am made it even worse. The hut was absolutely freezing and the other males were seemingly sleeping soundly, although it was rather hard to conclude in the darkness.

The teachers never said that it would get so cold during the fucking camp! They only warned us about burning ourselves by the sun.

I put on some heavier clothes and grabbed my backpack with a dry towel in it... I had planned yesterday to jog to the camp's lake.

I looked around, to assure myself of the fact that no one else was present, before I walked even closer. The lake was almost about to freeze over... which I was dreading extremely. Being in the water was my favourite place to calm down.

As I was simply sitting on a small frost covered grass patch I caught a glimpse of something large and furry a bit further away.

I heard a howl that sounded surprisingly sad and I stood up quickly, shifting my eyes around– to my left I noticed a golden coloured wolf, with burning yellow eyes and I felt my breath getting stuck in my throat.

Its huge!

I watched as it stalked around me, almost in circles... I noticed that it had a rusty nail stuck in its front paw.

"Oh no" I whispered to myself worrisomely, before carefully walking up to the wolf... without really thinking beforehand.

—It was first when the wolf snarled at me that I realised that wild wolfs weren't exactly famous for being friendly.

"I'm just gonna help you, don't worry" I tried to speak as calmly as possible... I couldn't simply leave an injured creature alone, even though I might regret it later.

I slowly neared the wolf who out of nowhere decided to snap at me, catching my left wrist in its large snout. I kept back the contorted yelp, which I felt forming in my throat and bit down on my tongue before saying "Don't worry" through gritted teeth.

—The wolf finally seemed to calm down ever so slightly and I let myself take deeper breaths.

I lifted up his huge paw, almost struggling to do so and I smiled at the toe beans, which looked very squishy.

"One-two-three" I counted, just before I pulled out the nail and the wolf growled lowly. I quickly and hastily backed off, with the rusty nail still in my hand.

"Good wolf" I commented rather soothingly, when I suddenly realised... my arm was still bleeding from the bite I received earlier.

I bit back a groan, while picking up my backpack with my other hand. Slowly I stalked back to the small house. It would usually take me ten minutes to get there, but it had gone over fifteen, as I staggered along the small path. The wolf stayed behind as I made my way further away from it.

My phone suddenly buzzed and I picked it up with a shaky hand.

"What?" I questioned, pretending to be okay and still in bed.

The clock was five thirty and it was still too early for Jimin to be awake. "I did some research, I really do believe that the new students are shifters, I saw a very large black wolf at home before we left and one just yesterday right beside the camp... how else would the wolves follow us?" he explained in a hushed almost manic voice and I nodded into the cold air.

"Yeah, yeah" I mumbled as I could hear him sigh. "Can you come over before your first lesson? I want to show you something" my best friend continued and I grunted at the spasm of pain, shooting up through my arm.

"I'm sorry, but I need to fix something at my hut first" I stated and he groaned into the phone.

"Fine, I'll show you the evidence later" he commented before hanging up on me.

If what Jimin said was actually true... I could be in a tricky situation...

because that wound was really large.

.
.
.

I took up a pair of comfy sweats, bringing my medicine bag with me in my backpack as I headed to my first lesson of the day... at first I had planned to go back to sleep after my dip in the lake, but nothing turned out as I wanted it to.

I met up with Jimin and without any heads up I leaned on him, with a painful groan.

"I need to borrow your bathtub in your hut after this" I grumbled and my friend nodded understandingly. "Are you sick or something? I've never seen you like this before" he commented as he put his hand on my forehead, in order to feel my temperature.

"Something like that, but I need to say th-that I do believe you" I whispered weakly and Jimin stared at me in disbelief.

"Seriously? Good! 'Cause I saw a shadow of a person who suddenly walked on all fours and-" I cut him off by quietly shushing him. "If there are said creatures around here, we need to be quiet or they might hear us... they have extraordinary hearing" I whispered into his ear and he nodded slowly.

"Seriously though Yoonie... You look like shit" he joked and I managed to croak out a weak chuckle. "Actually Jimin... could you take me to your bathtub right away?" I questioned and he snapped his head towards me.

"You're gonna skip?" he asked– but before I was able to answer I fell to the ground. My best friend quickly came to help me stand, starting to walk towards his house.

"I was bitten" I murmured while painfully slipping the sloppily put on bandage off of my arm. He gulped at the sight and quickly put it right back on.

"It looks as if your arm is rotting" he whisper-yelled with a horrified yelp and I gulped at the odor coming of off it. "I think it might have been a werewolf" I croaked out as he helped me further to the house.

"Thats why you believe me" Jimin hummed understandingly, just as we quickly passed all the other teens going the opposite direction... I had actually never skipped a class, so it was a first.

As Jimin dragged me up the small entrance staircase I felt as I was about to throw up and he threateningly slapped my cheek.

"Don't you dare" he scolded, which actually seemed to work for the time being...

He slowly pulled of the bandage and this time he yelled loudly. He covered his small nose quickly and ran out of the bathroom hastily. After a while— he came back, with two thick cotton balls in his nose and I would've laughed if it wasn't for my molding wrist.

"My bag" I whispered out as I slipped into the bathtub and Jimin quickly handed it to me. I jerked it open in one go and hauled out all the possible medicine I got– spreading all of them in a thick layer on top of the wound and taking any pills I owned.

.
.
.

//AN: Finally got to finish this after a long day consisting of a lot of mishap!
Hope you'll enjoy it either way~