Chaoter 9

Shiro's words stayed with Yellow the rest of the day. He kept staring at her? Now that she mentioned it, Red had been giving her small glances and even at that time with Misty and Red's date.

The day ended fairly quick much to Yellow's dismay. She didn't like school, but she didn't want to face Red with the information she had been recently been given.

"Yo, Yellow!",A cheery voice with an accent yelled. Yellow turned and saw Sapphire heading her way. Yellow smiled "Hey sapphire",she greeted. Sapphire linked her arms with her "So! I heard from blue! Are ya really planning on telling senior Red that you're a girl? When??",She asked excitedly. Yellow smiled at her then looked forward "i was thinking...today..", she said looking down.

"What?! Really?! I-",Sapphire began excitedly but was cut off by another voice. "Sapphire! Hurry, emerald already left!!",Ruby yelled from a distance. "I know, i know!",Sapphire yelled back then turned to Yellow "tell me what happens please!",Sapphire said smiling and running to ruby.

Yellow look at Ruby and Sapphire and watched as they argued about how long she took, she couldn't help but notice the fact that ruby took her hand as they walked and argued.

Yellow smiled "so..things worked out for them",She said smiling. "Things worked out for who?",Red asked from behind her. Yellow jumped a bit and she turned to face "oh geez red! You scared me!",Yellow said frowning in a not-so-serious manner. Red laughed "sorry about that...but i wanted to talk to you",he said smiling.

Yellow blinked and looked around him. 'No misty? Did she go home already?',she thought and smiled at red. "Oh, what about?",she asked as she began to walk. ChuChu had been pretending to be asleep but the moment Red said something that would hurt Yellow she would attack.

"Well I...",Red said looking down.
"I've been feeling...weird.",he sighed. Yellow immediately frowned "what? Are you sick? Do you want to go see a doctor?",She asked quickly as she placed a hand on his forehead to check his temperature.

Red laughed a bit as his hat's shadow covered his face. "No I'm fine",he said grabbing her hands and pushing them down gently.
He looked at her hands and blinked. "Red? What's wrong?",Yellow asked frowning.

"Your hands..."

"My hands...?"

"They're...so small..",He said as he compared his to hers. Yellow's face flushed pink but she managed to calm down a bit. His face seemed so confused and amazed at the same time.

Yellow looked at their hands, Red was right. Her hands were smaller in comparison to his, her hands were smaller compared to that of any guy's hands actually.

Red blinked and gently let go of her hand and frowned when he saw Yellow's flushed face. "You okay? Do you want to go home? Your face is pink...."

Yellow blinked and shook her head "N-no...im fine really. So what did you need again?",She asked smiling. Red smiled back
"Well it's...about shiro. Why did he approach you today?",He asked, his eyes clear with curiosity.

Yellow's thoughts went back to what shiro had said before. 'He kept staring at you',his voice rang through her head causing Yellow's face to turn pink. This time however, she pulled her hat down to cover it. "O-oh..about that. Shiro has...become a friend...i think. He's actually made me laugh a lot when im sad so when he saw me by myself i guess he figured out you wouldn't sit with me today so he sat with me",Yellow said. There was silence for a while.

Yellow's face was back to a normal color so she pulled her hat back up, and what she saw confused her. For a split second, Red's face seemed to show...not pain, betrayal?...jealousy?

Red smiled "i see...so he's become a close friend to you?",He asked. Yellow blinked and smiled a bit
"I wouldn't say so..but he has become a friend i can trust"

Red nodded then laughed a bit
"Im so stupid...i was feeling so weird about the two of you being together and i don't know why. I mean, you're like a little brother to me",he says as he looked away from her.

Yellow looked away too "A-about that...red i...",she says as ChuChu looks up at her.

"Kid..you're really gonna do it?",ChuChu asked with wide eyes.

Yellow slightly nodded, but it wasn't visible to red. "Red, years ago in the virdian forest you saved a little girl from a dratini. You defeated team rocket's leader while you were still a student and promised her you'd become the next gym leader",She said holding ChuChu tightly. The pokemon didn't mind, this was stressful for her trainer.

Red looked at her in surprise
"I...how do you know that?",He asked, his voice clear in surprise.
"Because Red...",Yellow said nervously. She took a deep breath and looked up at him.
"I am that little girl...",she says looking at his eyes.

XxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxX

Red jolted awake as he gasped for air. "What...the hell..",he mumbled as he placed a hand on his forehead. His breath slowly settled and Red laid back. He's been having those dreams for about a week now and each time he felt like he remembered something but then forgot it immediately.

He hated that feeling. He also hated his dreams. Why would he try picturing Yellow as a girl? Does he want Yellow to be that little girl he saved years ago in the viridian forest?

Red closed his eyes and tried to go back to sleep, but his phone rang as a sign that he received a message. He grabbed his phone and looked at it, his eyes adjusting to the brightness of it.

                         Gold

Hey red! To celebrate my anniversary with crystal we decided to throw a small party in a clearing we found. I've already asked blue,green and the straw hat kid if they'd come and they said they would. Wild gal and prissy boy are coming too and now its up to you if you'll come. Hope to see ya there!

Red stared at the message for a while. Yellow was going? Wait, why was his first thought Yellow?
Red groaned as he placed a pillow over his face. If he was being honest, he liked Yellow. Yellow was a good kid, and a adorable little brother figure, he was also fun to mess with because he became flustered easily.

Red liked Yellow, and not in a friend or sibling way. He knew that, but he was dating Misty. Misty had been there for Red for a long time and when she confessed Red felt awful to turn her down.

He didn't like Misty that way, but he didn't want to see her sad. He only hoped Misty would break up with him soon instead of the other way around.

Note from le author: i feel like the chapter was confusing so I'll clear it up. Red and Yellow DID talk but Yellow chickened out and said nothing. Weeks later, Red is still hanging around Misty more and Yellow is being told to tell him she's a girl by shiro the whole time. Red had been having dreams since then of the truth but he doesn't understand them very well. Also yeah he never liked misty, but he felt bad about turning her down and that will be discussed next chapterrr. Once again, i did not check for misspellings so point them out for me please so i can correct them im too lazy :'3