18

"You at the barricades, listen to this! The people of Paris sleep in their beds! You have no chance, no chance at all. Why throw your lives away?", the army officer yelled in pity.

"Let us die facing our foes. Make them bleed while we can", Enjolras repeated the conversation he had with Clara earlier. "Make them pay through the nose", Combeferre yelled holding both the sobbing Courfeyrac and Clara. "Make them pay for every man", Courfeyrac said through the sobs as Clara slowly got them up and Jean moved Gavroche with his sister.

"Let others rise to take our place. Until the Earth is free!", Enjolras rose higher on the barricade and aimed his rifle. Everyone got equipped with weapons. Clara had unsheathe a sword she picked up in the reflection she saw the two boys. 

"Oliver, Elzo. Get out of here", Clara wiped away the tears on her burgundy dress ushering the boys out. "No Clara, we are staying. Your vision is ours and we want to share it", Elzo spoke. "Be safe", she let them pass before giving them a kiss on each cheek. 

"CANNONS, QUICK AS YOU CAN! COME ON", the same officer barked. "Far right first. Wait for it!", Marius had given the others the strategy. "FIRE", Enjolras ordered several of the soldiers went down. Clara with others worked on reloading the guns and handing them back to those on top. "MARIUS, They're bringing in replacements", Clara took a peak and paled before giving another gun then replacing the gunpowder.

"Second cannon! Fire!", Enjolras instructed the students hitting down the other wave of soldiers.  "TAKE AIM! FIRE!", the Army Officer barked at the soldiers again injuring some of the students which Jean had took inside.

"There's more men!", Combeferre yelled as more replacements took the place of the fallen. They had fired the cannons sending the debris of the barricade to fall, throwing back Clara. Another round of the cannons and everyone got blown off either from being shot or the force. 

"nononono", Clara went over to two laying figures. Both Elzo and Oliver were propped against a wall. "It's okay Clara", Oliver held her hand before going limp. She had closed both of their eye lids kissing both of there blood and sweat soaked cheeks.

"gaH", Clara whimpered as she felt a sharp pain in her stomach. She looked down to see blood which was barely noticeable on her chest but the pain continued to sink in. An arm tried to grab her as she pulled out her sword. "DON'T TOUCH ME", she screamed as a soldier tried to bring her back. She had stabbed the person in the stomach before seeing a flash of red go inside the Cafe.

She kept the pressure on her stomach as Feuilly helped her inside. Everything was muffled no matter how loud they were shouting. Enjolras was chopping off the stairs as he saw a glimpse of her red fabric and climbed too the loft. 

Feuilly handed Clara to Enjolras. The last five left they had stayed standing in the center of the room keeping the most silent as they can. Clara remembered the days of laughter and the faint smell of wine all over. But, her day dream broke when the three of her friends fell. 

Enjolras held her close as she was too shock to cry anymore. He moved his hand to her torso when she started to flinch and whimper. "No", he looked at his hands in disbelief it was covered in blood. her blood.

Loud thumping made there way to the loft. "Princess Clarrisa you must come with us", an officer order but continued to point his rifle at Enjolras.

"I am no longer Princess Clarrisa. I am Clara Enjolras, and one of the leaders of the barricade", she said stern but keeping a soft grip on Enjolras' hand.

They were stun but continued to point their rifles at them. Slowly Enjolras held up a red flag. Another loud pair of thumping but more staggered entered the room.

"R", Clara gasped in relief that he is alive but stops when he comes foward and takes his hand. "You can't leave me alone again", Grantaire soflty chuckled as she kissed him on the cheek moving the hair out of his face.

"I love you forever", Enjolras gave her one last kiss, but to them it was a feeling of the first.

"I love you alw-"