11

" Seeing as you are the closest thing to family Clara wants I must ask you this my friend. Please give me your blessing to marry Clara"

Grantaire heart dropped to his stomach. This is the moment he hoped had never came. Some man was coming to take away Clara, one of his lights in his life away. And to think it was the second person who set fire to his life other than her.

"Grantaire she deserves so much more than fighting for a cause just to die. I want to get her out while I have the chance, I do love her more than anything. Clara told me she wanted to go into the country have children, grow old. I want to give her that much it's not to late", Enjolras spoke in all sincerity. 

The raven hair boy grew soft. He forgot of the risks of this thing. Grantaire realized there was more risks than reward. He couldn't lose her this way, rather she leaves then die.

"Yes, but you must promise me she will always be happy", Grantaire put his hand on the other man's shoulder. "Always thank you so much my friend. I plan to propose tomorrow, our wedding will be at my family's manor or maybe the church around the corner. I must tell my family, god bless your soul", Enjolras thanked his friend and walked back to his apartment.

 ---

Grantaire took his time walking back to the shared studio. He made sure to open the door slowly to avoid any creaking. As he thought Clara was sleeping in the make-shift bed filled with cotton.

So she really will be out of my life. With a family of her own. Grantaire started to fill with these thoughts while she slightly moved hearing him come in and sitting in the only chair they had.

"R, what's troubling you my friend. What has Enjolras said to make you think this much", Clara took notice of his wrinkled brows as he started of into space. "It was nothing special", he lied to her while taking out materials to draw.

It was rare to find Grantaire drawing again after so long, so Clara made her way to him. Admiring his work from the moon rays was a blessing to her. Grantaire had made several sketches while looking back at her. She was use to being his model already and just focus on his hand movement on the paper.

"Come on R it's late, let's get you to bed", Clara started growing sleepy as he finished his rough drawing of her and someone else. He didn't speak while he took her hand as she led them to the bed.

"Clara are you happy", Grantaire faced her while she faced him. Both were not uncomfortable of there living culture of sharing everything. "Of course I am R. Why so many questions", Clara was being observant of his actions lately which were strange.

"It's nothing. I just want to let you know I love you and you will always be in my heart", He kissed her forehead and turned so Clara wasn't facing him anymore. "I love you too", she whispered and fell asleep.

Today was one of those quiet days for Clara. She was a bit sadden for no one had really came around her shift other than the usual school boys looking for materials. Eponine was out who knows where, Enjolras had to visit the university for business, Grantaire was more than likeley still at home, and none of the Les Amis came around maybe at the university with Enjolras. But, today more officers than usual were on the streets causing Clara to keep her head low.

Her shift came to an end and she went to close up. After she brought on her red coat which was still too big for her on and made her way to the Café.

Passing by the bakery she got the smell of freshly baked bread and stopped at the sight of small sweets.

These would be perfect for Gavroche, Elzo, and Oliver she thought of the boys snacking on the sweets and fimble with her change.

"Excuse me moisuer how much does this cost", Clara called the baker for attention as she entered the shop.

"Thank you", Clara had the sweets in the pocket of her dress smiling about the boys' face later.

"Excuse me mademoiselle, I must talk to you", a gloved hand caught her elbow, while Clara froze.

"Merde", Clara breathed keeping her head low, knowing her features were too rare for the area not to go un-noticed.

"Right this way mademoiselle", the officer moved her to the near alley still not meeting to there eyes.

"I don't think that is necessary moisuer", Clara was about to slap the officer for forcefully pushing her around.

"Hey would you really do that to me", the soft deep voice she couldn't recognized.

"Clara, it's me", Clara raised her eye to the decorated officer.

"Timothée"

a/n

hey guysss thank you so much dont forget to vote and comment.

Enjolras or Grantaire?

Waiting Here/// Les Mis.✔On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara