"Lemme have your jacket" she said and Peter looked at her again as if he was trying to figure her out then he looked away. Kemi gave him a casual smile and collected his suit. Then she turned around, giving Peter a goodly full view of her nice behind.

"Damn..." Peter muttered. Kemi turned around. "Did you say something?"

Peter cleared his throat. "No, I didn't say.... " he trailed off. Kemi nodded, not allowing him to finish and walked up the stairs with Peter's hungry gaze trailing her, or most importantly, her luscious behind.

Peter shook his head as if to clear the cobwebs that had gathered there.
***

Peter looked up at Kemi as he sat and announced, "I spoke with the divorce lawyer today. She is preparing the documents."

Kemi who had been carrying a jug of water dropped it on the table hard. It was a surprise it didn't break. She looked for signs of Bisi before speaking. "Peter, I am signing no divorce papers. You better stop fantasising. You can't put me to shame."

Peter looked at her. It was rare for her to call him by his full name. She always call him pet name or Pete.

"What makes you think I am? And don't you think being here in this marriage is enough shame? What good has it brought?"

Kemi did not think twice before giving him a dirty, resounding hot slap.

Kemi winced. "Ouch... " her hand was aching.

The look on Peter's face was priceless. To say he was shocked was an understatement. He had not been expecting it. He just sat there staring at Kemi. "You.. Just slapped me?"

Kemi swallowed. Peter stood up. Kemi took a step back. Peter just drew back his chair and left the dining room.

Kemi put a hand on her chest. For a moment, she had thought Peter would retaliate the slap.

"Ow!" She moaned as her hand throbbed in pain again.  I need to bandage this up.
***

"mom... Good morning." Ngozi greeted Ruby who was overlooking the maids preparing the breakfast.

"Morning, Ngozi. Kedu? (How are you?)"

"I am fine mom"

Ngozi greeted the maids. " Well done guys" "Thank you ma" they both replied together.

"Ngozi, would you like to come to my boutique today?"

"Not interested mom. I remember you vividly telling me not to bring my bow legs into your boutique again." Ngozi replied with a glass of apple juice against her lips.

Ruby snickered. "Well I didn't mean it."

"Oh really mom. You mean I shouldn't take you serious again?"

Ruby glared at her. "Forget I asked. See her head  like chicken neck."  She said under her breath.

Ngozi just rolled her eyes. She had heard her.

"Anyways, your dad will be home in a few days time."

"Oh really... Wow! Which day? I have not spoken to him since yesterday. He didn't tell me anything."

"Well, you are not his wife. Saturday."

Ngozi's dad had gone to Geneva, Switzerland for an annual convention of Petrochemical Engineers. He was one of the top notch Engineers in the country.

"Oh Saturday. I need to be somewhere on Saturday." Ngozi complained. Steve's conference was on Saturday. "Anyways, I would see him when I get back. I have missed him so much." Ngozi and her dad were two peas in a pod.

Ngozi's phone rang and when she looked at the caller, she realised it was Steve. "Steve?" she muttered silently and looked at her mom. She was grateful Ruby was looking into the deep freezer.

She looked down at her phone. Error error. Make plans to escape the kitchen. It's a matter of survival.

"wouldn't you answer your call?" Ruby spoke up.

"Uhh... Yeah. Answer my call.. I need to... I'll be right back." Ngozi said nervously and hurriedly left the kitchen for her room. She locked the door behind her just in case of  ikpa asiri like her mama. Ngozi moved to the other end of her spacious room and picked Steve's call which was beginning to ring the second time.

"Hi Rose... " Steve said cheerily. Ngozi removed her phone from her ear and stared at it. Steve cleared his throat at the other end. "O-kay, that felt weird. Good morning Ngozi"

Ngozi chuckled. "Good morning Steve. How was your night?"

"Great... Fine... Good... Huh... And yours?"

Ngozi shook Her head. what's up with him this early momo"It was okay. I am alive."

"Yeahhh right. Ehm Ngozi. I wanna ask you if you would like....to meet you sometime today—" he paused, "—to talk about your..conference and your...seminar...Err...I mean, my conference and your seminar."

Ngozi looked at her phone again. She chuckled again. Why is he all flustered?
"Yeah, I would like to. What time?" Her inner Ngozi did a little dance.

"Does..erm.. 11...work for you?" Steve asked. "Yeah" Ngozi balanced her phone between her shoulder and ear and stared at her butter in the full length mirror. Her PJs were stained with a yellow substance. 

".......come by your house" she half-heard. Wait. "Steve, I'm sorry. Can you repeat what you said? I got carried away here."

"I said would you like me to come by your house... So I can pick you up.... "

Error error error
What? Ruby would flip. An Okonkwo.

"Uhm... Nope. Let me meet up with you please."

"Okay then" Steve said.

"Okay."

"It's a date then"

Wait? What?

"Uhm... I mean.. It's a..... " Steve stuttered. Ngozi laughed, "I get you, Steve."

"Wear something nice." Steve said suddenly. Ngozi rolled her eyes. "Durrrh, I always dress nice."

"Wear something nicer"

Ngozi laughed. "I hear you o"

After a little chitchat and getting the address of where to meet, the call ended. Ngozi clutched the phone to her chest, smiled and did a little twirl.

Then she heard a bang on her door. "Ngozi Nne, who is Steve o?"

.........
Hello awesome people. How are you re?

I bet you people thought the 'hot slap' was meant for our sister Bisi.

What do you think Ngozi will tell her mama now? Chei, it is well. I cover her in the blood of Jesus.

Ikpa asiri - gossips

Don't forget to
•vote
•comment
And Pleaseee share this book. Let's spread the love around. 😅 let others know about our mummy Sarah so that she can pray for them too...

Btw, oh ye readers, Do your girl a big favour, slide into my dm and give me a short review on this book and why you love it. Thanks for this. It wouldn't cost you more than a few minutes and some Oyinbo words and prolly shikini data... Ese, gracias, thank you.

Love,
Ciao.