6~move on

Tinu hummed along to the song she was listening to on her headset as she set the plated she had just finished washing on the plates’ rack. Suddenly she received a swat on her backside. She jerked back as her brain registered the sting.

“Ahn ahn!!” She shouted as she turned to see who had just created havoc to her bums. It was Sarah, her mother and she was shaking her head so much that Tinu thought it would fall from her neck.

“Mommy now! Why did you do that?”
Sarah angled her head as if she had not heard her well and then she burst into laughter.

“Pekele! Pekele” she said and clapped her hands together in rhythm to what she said.

Tinu furiously glared at her. “Mom, for God’s sake. I’m 19. I’m not a baby, if u want my attention, you can call my name. I dont lik—”
“Will you shut up there?” Sarah scolded. “Do you know how many times I had called you? If not for those things the agents of darkness spread into this world that you put on your ear, you would have heard me.”

Tinu sighed exasperatedly and stared at her mom as if she had horns in her forehead. Sarah continued, “and you said you are 19—” sarah hissed, “orisirisi, if you like, you should be 90. I’ll still beat your bom bom because this your bom bom ehn, came out of my bom bom."
She concluded and left the kitchen. She sat in the dining. Tinu walked to the door of the kitchen. “So why were you calling me?”

Sarah looked up. “I just wanted to greet you.” Tinu stared at her mother so hard that her eyes almost bulged out tof their sockets. I should be used to this. She thought.

Sarah called out. “I hope you have grounded pepper….” “Yes” Tinu grumbled out, “you asked me that same question after we finished prayer this morning”

“I just wanted to be sure. Maybe you were lying before” sarah replied. Tinu gasped.

“Mom! But you saw the pepper yourself in the freezer!”

Sarah did not reply, rather she began singing. Tinu slapped her palm on her forehead and mumbled. “Man, i cant wait to go back to school”

***
Ngozi had two younger siblings. They were twins. Ikenna and Ikanna. Ikenna, Ngozi’s younger brother strolled into her room and sat on her bed, casually chewing popcorn.

“Chum chum, what are you watching?” He asked, glancing at her phone. Ngozi sighed. She had gotten used to him calling her ‘chum chum’.

He started calling her that when she was in 200 level. A customer came to their Ruby’s boutique and Ngozi, ikenna and ikanna together with ruby were present.

When the customer saw ngozi she said, “ah ah! Ngozi my girl. You are so big now oo! You are now chum chum oo!” Since then, Ikenna had been calling her chum chum.

“Just watching a short movie, ‘Move on’. It’s a mine ministry movie featuring Juliana Olayode. The toyobaby in Jenifa’s diary. Check it out later” Ngozi explained. “Really?” Ikanna, the twin sister and Ngozi’s younger sister asked from the doorway. She was scooping ice cream. “Yes”

“Oh my God! I have got to watch that!” Ikanna said and rushed to Ngozi’s side. Ikenna shook his head. “You sha like to follow me around..” Ikanna hissed, “look at this one..” Ikenna scoffed and stood up, “did you check out the teenage ministry i told you of? Fire ministry…”

“Yup i did” ikanna replied not raising her head. Ikenna hummed and left the room, leaving Ngozi and Ikanna who were busy watching ‘move on’.
***

Kemi stared at the dirty plates in front of her and cringed.

She had told Bisi, her help, not to bother with the plates because she wanted to do it herself.

She breathed in and out. Kemi, you can do this..remember, tackle all your problems..don't run from them..

She started by putting the leftovers in a bowl and she arranged the plates on the sink. She took another bowl for washing and then started to wash.
In no time, she was done with the washing and rinsing.

She arranged the plates on the rack and other respective places. After she was done, she smiled to herself. Hurdle number one crossed!

Then she moved to her matrimonial bedroom. She had to arrange things in the room as she had left it scattered.

She had started putting things in their respective places when her hand brushed a paper under the bed.

Carefully she pulled it out and stared at it. Tears welled up in her eyes. Depressed, she sat on the bed as she recounted memories. It was the picture of her first pregnancy scan.

......
Tag your friends to read!
Don't forget to vote and comment!