10~stalker alert

This is for everyone who has shown me love ever since I started this book.  Your votes, hilarious comments and recommendations has kept me going. I appreciate you so very much. Thank you.

Ngozi felt like the ground should just swallow her up as she watched Steve pay for the fuel she just bought.  How could she be so silly to have picked the wrong card?

"all done" Steve said and turned to her, all smiles. Ngozi was almost knocked out by the effect of his smile on her.  Calm down girl.

"Thank you so much" Ngozi smiled back, trying to compose herself.

"I know you...." Steve said and looked like he was trying to recollect something. Ngozi's eyes widened. What?!

"Oga, abeg, u no dey buy petrol again?" the fuel attendant asked, chewing gum impatiently. "Oh, I'm sorry," Steve turned to the fuel attendant then said to Ngozi, "Will you please wait a bit?"

Manners, check

Ngozi nodded and moved her car, waiting for Steve.

"Thank you so much..." Ngozi said again when Steve approached her. "Oh come on. It's nothing, besides you were a lady in distress."

Ngozi giggled. "Indeed."
Steve's lips curled into a smile. "like I said earlier, I know you."
"yeah, you said so" Ngozi affirmed.

"Do you...live in Raul Street?" Steve asked, resting on her car. "Yes I do."
"Do you have a dog?"

Are we doing who wants to be a millionaire here? Ngozi wondered.

"Yes. A German shepherd." Ngozi answered.

"You are the one!" Steve blurted out.
"What?" Ngozi asked, lost. "I am the one that did what?"

Steve ignored her question and checked his wristwatch. "I hope I am not keeping you from something.."

Ngozi shook her head. "Nope, in fact, i was just going home"

Steve smiled. "Great, so you wouldn't mind if we share a cup of coffee together..."

Ngozi hesitated. She was looking for an excuse.

"please say yes..." Steve pleaded.

"we don't even know our names..." Ngozi said lamely.

"Girl, is that an excuse? I'm Steve and you are...?"

Ngozi grinned. She loved the way he said 'girl', it made her feel 16 again.
"Ngozi....and make it two cups of coffee."
***

Ngozi sighed loudly as she stared at herself in the mirror of her car. Myriad of emotions were coursing through her. Surprise, fear, doubt, anticipation.

She got out of car as Steve parked his car. They both walked into the coffee shop they had chosen.

After they had settled, Steve spoke up. "I'm Steve Okonkwo. University of Lagos. Petrochemical Engineering. 400 level."

"Wonderful speech, Mr. Okonkwo." Ngozi said, sipping her coffee and looking at him.
Steve chuckled. "thank you, miss...."

Ngozi shook her head, smiling. "what if its a mrs?"

Steve looked at her left hand pointedly. Ngozi raised her brows. "It is not about the ring, my dear. This is 2018. No one cares about ring anymore. It is now the state if the heart that matters..."

Steve nodded thoughtfully. "hmm...quite true. But you are sha not mrs?" his eyes laughed.

"no, I'm not," Ngozi laughed. "Ngozi Rose Okorie. Covenant University. Accounting. 400 level." She followed his format.

"wonderful introduction, miss okorie." Steve clapped.
"silly..." Ngozi muttered, her mouth hovering over her cup, smiling.

She had forgotten she wanted to ask what he meant by 'You are the one!'

Steve started, "why did you pick accounting?" "I love money" Ngozi replied, laughing.
Steve raised a brow.
"okay..kidding. i love calculations, keeping money and stuff like that sha. I discovered this while i was in secondary school. I kept money for my school's press club but before that I and my friends were saving and no one wanted to keep the money, i offered to and i discovered i like it."

"Thank God you know what you wanted early on. Some of my friends weren't so lucky. Some of them came to science class because their friends were there or their parents said so."

Ngozi sipped her coffee. "exactly. That almost affected one of my friends then. She came to commercial because I was there. She later realised her mistake and went back to arts. She is a 400 level student of journalism and gosh, she writes so well."

Steve nodded. "The parent factor also adds to it. Some parents just want their kids to go to a certain class because they went there while they were in school. So many factors sef, it also depends on the kid's relationship with the parent."

"Exactly. I could use this in the book I'm writing currently." Ngozi said, bringing out her pen and jotter.

"You write?" Steve asked, surprised.
How many sides does this lady has to her?

Ngozi hummed in reply. "yeah..but writing isn't my thing sha. Numbers is my first love. I am writing this to create an awareness that parents need to be involved in their kids' life, every aspect..." she said passionately.
"Wow. Great. Whats the title?"

"Revolve... Its a mix of non-fiction and fiction. I have interviewed people with the help of the friend I told you about. I had an experience with my mom. She wanted me to be in science class. I stood my ground and said no, with the help of my dad. After i got awards, i think in my 300 level, she told me she was proud of me and she was glad I was in my most comfortable place."

Steve laughed. "can you imagine?"

"and would you believe that she wanted me to go to science class and be a doctor because she loves the way people would refer to her as the doctor's mother..."

Steve laughed. "Geez, wow. Your mom is funny o."

Ngozi smiled. "She is a character."

"but seriously, you are doing a great job, Ngozi. Your passion can't be easily found anywhere. You are a gem.."

Ngozi smiled. "Thanks Steve."

.....
Who was enjoying their conversation? Me i was oo

Won ti sare click on a deep level. O le gaan o.

If you like this chapter, please press that beautiful star button.

Remember to share your thoughts with me. I love to hear them.

please tag your friends to read. Thanks a bunch.