Chapter 6: Hello, Team 7!

hi!! i'm skyuni, and this is chapter 6. 

now you know why Mitsuki-chan is considered "special" in this fanfic. but there's much more to it, so just continue on!

remember, everything in naruto world is made possible by masashi kishimoto! most credits go to him!!

happy reading, guys!

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

CHAPTER 6: HELLO, TEAM 7!

Mitsuki’s POV

Where is everyone!?

Naru-kun, Saku-chan, and Chibi-kun are all missing even though lunch has basically ended now...

Okay, breathe, Mitsuki. Calm down.

I circle around the building once more when I hear someone kicking against a wall. I look in through the window and spot the boy with black hair, tied up and gagged. “Chibi-kun!?”

He looks up, glaring at me. “MMPH!” he yells in a muffled voice, thumping his foot against the wall for emphasis. “MPH MMPH!”

I jump to his side, pulling out a kunai and cutting the rope quickly. Chibi-kun rips off the gag and rubs his hands moodily, mumbling something under his breath. He leaps out the window, glancing at me. “Let’s go.”

I nod, my hair bouncing in its ponytail. I hastily shove my kunai into my pack, almost stabbing a hole into the cloth. “Okay!”

I follow him to where Saku-chan is sitting on a wooden bench. She holds onto her cheeks, which are abnormally red today. “Saku-chan? Are you okay?”

She looks up at the sound of my voice, but sees Chibi-kun. “Sasuke-kun! You’re back!” I sigh as she stands up and giggles, saying, “You’re so shy…”

Chibi-kun simply ignores her and says, “It’s time to go. Where’s Naruto?”

Saku-chan laughs again. “Don’t change the subject, Sasuke-kun. Who cares about Naruto?”

I clench my fists. “I care about him,” I mutter quietly. “Please don’t talk bad about Naru-kun…”

But I spoke too quietly. Saku-chan scoffs, “He doesn’t even have any parents. “

Chibi-kun stiffens.

She continues, “He can do whatever he wants. If I acted like him, my mom would scold me. He’s lucky, not having any parents constantly yelling at him. But he’s such an idiot.”

I open my mouth to argue, but Chibi-kun unexpectedly growls, “Shut up.”

I flinch a little when I hear the pure hatred boiling underneath his voice, barely restrained. Saku-chan’s face pales. “W-what?”

“The pain of not having parents… of being all alone… You wouldn’t understand,” hem says. “You’re annoying.”

He turns and leaves without another word.

Saku-chan then collapses onto the ground. Tears roll down her cheeks. “S-Sasuke-kun… Why?”

“You know,” I say, “Chibi-kun’s parents are gone, too.”

She gasps, hand fluttering to her mouth. “They are? And—and I said that to him? Oh no, he’s going to hate me now.” Her sobs become heavier.

“You have a lot of time to change his mind. We’re all on the same team, remember? But… try to be nicer to Naru-kun.”

Saku-chan jolts. “Is this… how Naruto feels when I tell him that he’s annoying?”