Nice Try, Baby

By : Veltuluna
From: Tumblr

It was another night spent sleeping on the hard floors of the scorch. The only reason why it was the slightest bit bearable was Minho arms being wrapped around you protectively. It was one of the only reasons you enjoyed being in that bloody hell hole.

The fire was starting to die down and everyone was getting ready to sleep. You weren't feeling tired though, you were always too scared to fall asleep in the scorch. Once everyone had settled into their sleeping spots, you inched closer to the dimmed fire. You felt a pair of strong arms around your shoulders and a kiss on the top of your forehead.

"Hey, you ready to go to sleep," Minho whispered.

"I don't know," you muttered, leaning into his embrace.

Minho sat down beside you and pulled you close to his chest. Hearing his heartbeat soothed you and your nerves. Minho has always been so good to you but you only really got together two weeks before you got out of the maze. It was crazy to think that after almost a year of secretly being in love with him, you found out he was secretly in love with you as well. Just the thought made your heart swell.

"You're safe with me, okay?" He reassured, rubbing his hand up and down your arm which caused small goosebumps to dot your skin. "Damn, I knew my touch was something special."

You rolled your eyes at his words and hit went to hit his chest, but he grabbed your arm. A small smirk appeared on his lips as he watched your struggle under his grip.

"Nice try, baby," he said and kissed your lips gently, letting go of your wrist.

You pulled apart and your mouth hung open slightly. Minho asked what was wrong and you just chuckled at him. He continued to pry the answer out of you and you finally gave in.

"Did you just-"You laughed again, causing Minho to grunt in frustration.

"What did I do?" He asked, flailing his arms out.

"I think you just called me baby," you smirked, watching Minho put his arms back down to his sides.

A pink hue found it's way to his cheeks as he lost his eye contact with you. Pet names wasn't something you had discussed yet, but you found it cute how he accidentally let one slip from his mouth. You wondered if he has been wanting to call you that or if it was just spur of the moment.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to," He said quietly.

You had never seen Minho so embarrassed and it was honestly adorable. You placed a finger under his chin and brought his face to face you.

"It's okay Min. I like it," you blushed and kissed his lips gently.

《¤》《¤》《¤》《¤》《¤》《¤》
IG | | typically.thomas