Chapter 5

~~Sachi's POV~~

I woke to the smell of pancakes hot off the stove. I looked over at the clock on the wall near Kiku's bed, The green numbers were so bright, it made my eyes go funny for a little bit. The clock read 11:38 am.

"Since when do I sleep so late?" I said out loud.

"Apparently today!" Kiku shoved a whole platter filled with pancakes and raspberries with a little pitcher of maple syrup.

"This is so cute!" I said while stabbing a piece of pancake with a raspberry and shoved them in my mouth. It was so good! "How are you such a good chef? I mean every time I cook, it ends up burnt or like someone took a crap on it." I stated.

Kiku started laughing and we both heard banging and the sound of........ Organizing? From the next room? 12C? We stopped laughing and put our ears to the wall. I heard someone whistling the tune to NCIS:LA and dropping boxes on the ground.

"Do we have a new neighbor?" Kiku asked, ear still pressed on the wall.

"Must be! Either that or their cleaning, but it sounds like a new next door neighbor." I said still listening in.

The person next door turned on the radio and the song Doubt and Trust came on and he started singing along.

I climbed out of bed and took a quick ten minute shower and got dressed in my usual. Black as midnight skinny jeans, a blue and white striped v neck shirt and my white converse. I ran a hand through my hair and called it good, then washed the sleep off my face. I grabbed my black and blue sack and dropped my two handguns inside and told Kiku I was going out.

"Where do you always go to? Looking for danger?!" She struck a pose with her right leg slightly bent and her left leg super straight, hands making the sign of a gun and overdramatically flipped her hair over one shoulder.

"I don't know, I just roam around," I said. Stepping out of the door and yelling "Be back before dinner!" and shut the door and made my way out of the complex.

I was finally outside and started walking to the little ice cream shop about three miles away. I wasn't even on the sidewalk for two minutes when I walked past a couple of alleys and saw the three men from last night. It kind of killed me to see that they were so close to home. I walked over to the leader and searched him. Guns, phones, microphones, anything I could find I either destroyed or kept.

I usually only kept the guns unless my gut tells me not to. And something still felt eerie and making my skin crawl. I told myself I had to search them, before anyone else sees them. My gut told me not to with this one. Something was...... Off. That's when a rag appeared in front of my face and I passed out.