Sighing, I unlocked the door and Marcel walks in as he owns the house.

"There is only one room and 1 bed.. where I sleeps with Leo. I do have an extra pillow and a very thin old mattress. So where will you sleep?"

Marcel walks into the room, and flicks the light switch on.

"Show me the mattress" he stands n front of my closet."

My fingers shows him the neatly wrapped mattress in plastic bag up on the closet.

That was the first mattress that I bought when I came here.

He lift the mattress and pull it down. His eyes scanned the room and he walks outside then he walks in again.

There is no place for him to place the mattress in the room.

He unwrapped the plastic bag and lay it outside at the living room.

Without saying anything, he walks outside and came back a few moment later with a bag in his hand.

"Lucky for me, I still have my luggage.. didn't unpack it yet."

"Mummy, can I sleep with buddy?" Leo asked after changing into his sleeping pyjama.

I nodded my head.

Even moving my hand up was painful. I tried again, for second time, putting my injured hand into the sleeve but stopped midway as Marcel came in.

He lift the sleeve and put my hand in.

"See, you need me sweet Ella" he kissed my cheek.

I woke up early the next day. Leo need to go school and he wants his breakfast before going to school. His breakfast might be simple such as milk and honey star, but he wants it.

The sight of Leo and Marcel hugging each other melted my heart. Leo head rested on Marcel arm as he snuggle deep into his embrace.

Slowly I walked to them. I need to wake Leo now if not he will be late to school.

My hand was inches away from Leo when Marcel opens his eye. He squinted his eyes as his hand rubs his eyes.

"Good morning," he draws my hand to his lip and kissed it.

This is so awkward, i told myself. All this while it has been only me and Leo in this house. We have never received any staying in guest.

"hmm... I need to carry him to the room and prepare him for school."

Marcel nodded.

He gets up quickly and lift a sleeping Leo up in his arm. Groggily, he wakes him up by kissing Leo on his cheek. When that didn't help, he rubs his beard on Leo cheek.

"Mummy, it tickles," Leo said as he slowly opens his eyes.

He smiles as he sees Marcel putting him down on the floor.

I took out Leo shirt and pants before going to the kitchen. I was about to reach the cereal box when Marcel slides his arm around my waist while his other hand grabbed the cereal.

"Let me prepare the breakfast, Leo insisted that he wants to wear his shirt and pants on his own," he said while preparing the milk and cereal.

A while later, Leo screamed, "Buddy, I need help,".

One question popped up in my mind. Will this how it be if we are really a family?.

After sending Leo to school, Marcel gets ready for work. He prepared a simple breakfast for me and makes sure that I have taken the medicine before he walks out of the house.