Chapter 46

Chapter by lalalandecember

[UNEDITED]

"Honey, come sit down." Gio patted the seat on his right. Without a word, I walk towards him and sit down on the chair where he pointed at.

"Loretta has cooked all your favourite food. So don't waste the food, don't make her unhappy because of your behaviour." He said, with a warning in his sentence. I just knew here and there. There will be threaten now and then.

"Yes." I reply.

Gio tuned my plate and put fettucinne alfredo. He must be order Loretta to cook this. Because he knows I always requested this spaghetti with salmon.

"Do you want the baked shrimp and chicken?" He offer me sweetly. It's not just a normal baked shrimp and chicken. It's a baked shrimp
scampi and chicken with cacciatore sauce. Very Italians.

"It's enough for now, Gio. I will eat later if I'm not full." I decline softly, carefully not to make him mad.

"I want you to eat, I don't want you to starve yourself and locking the door when I'm away." He said. "Understand?"

"Yes, Gio."

"Now eat." He ordered.

I start to eat my food slowly. I feel weird when he watch me eating, it's been so long since I eat with him again. But I tried to not feel that uncomfortable in front of him.

While eating, I can't help my mind goes back to Spain. Marcel, is he eating well or is he feeding my son well?

"Valerie! Stop spacing out. Are you plotting to run away from me again? Because that's not fucking happening!" He snapped.

My eyes drifted to his plate, his untouched plate. Is he not eating?

"Why are you not eating?" Instead, I asked.

"Because I'm not. Finish the food and go back to our room." He said, eyeing my plate. I have eaten half of it, but then my mind goes to them. My loves.

"Yes, Gio."

-

Marcel's POV

What the hell was that?

So she's been going on my back all this time?

Now I know why she is being weird. She's been planning this. How can I not see that? Since she got back from her old apartment. And when she told me to take care of Leo. So this is it? This is why she wants me to take care of Leo?

She left with her fucking ex-husband.

She left without notice. Well, she did hint me. But I never thought she will left with her ex-husband. She's not just leaving me, but leaving her son too.

How am I going to the care of Leo alone? She has no family here. Except, she have someone. Whenever she go to the church, she met that man.

"Mommy." I snapped my head towards a wailing Leo. I brought him to my mother's house. Because I couldn't calm him down after watching his mother got in to his car and left without even turning back.

"Sshhh." I rubbed his arm, soothing him. As much as I can calm him down, he's still asking for his mother. What the hell am I going to do with that?

"Mom!" I shouted calling her from my bedroom. In just a second, she walk in with a tray of food.

"What's wrong? Is Leo being fussy again?" She ask as she put down the tray on the nightstand.

"No. I'm going to go for a bit. Can you take care of him while I'm gone?" I really don't want to trouble her, but I need someone to look up for him a bit.

"I can take care of him. This little guy need his mother." She said sadly. She look at him not with pity, but almost.

"I know."

"Please get her back. I know she's good for you, my boy. I can feel it." Her eyes is shining. Happy is simply, she's happy for me and I'll try my best to keep her happy, cherish her with all my heart.

"I will, mother. Please keep him company, I won't be long." I promised.

I drive my car all the way down to the other city. The church, the very church that captive Ella's mother. Am as well will visit her grave.

Climbing out of the car, I stand still. Looking at my surrounding. It's just silence, air blowing away.

I drag my feet, walking up to the closed church. It is always closed. Ella once told me that this is a private church. And it's saturday. Not just closed for everyone and it's because there is no activity here.

I should think positive. I have to meet him.

No gate, there's just lane. Huge land all over. Because it's a cemetery too. I'm guessing the church is for the family member buried here.

Knock.

Knock.

Knock.

I knock the ring handle on the door three times. No answer. I tried again, I'm not giving up just yet. This needs to be done today. I need to get her back.

I sigh heavily. Giving is not me, no, it's not so her.

"Are you man looking for Bob?" Immediately I turn around. Standing behind me is an old man wearing a long sleeve shirt and dark blue pants.

"Yes. Do you anyhow knows where he live? I really need to see him right now." I said, my eyes begging him. Begging for the life of my woman.

"Are related to him? He's a closed person. Only close friends could know his house."

"He knows Ella." I stated. Maybe using her name could hint something. Taking from his explanation, Ella is really close to him. Then it could do something about it.

"Ella?" He looked confused at first, but then his facial changed. "The Ella that her mother bury here?"

"Yes. Can you tell me? Where his house is." I said, holing that he really will tell me and tell me now without wasting anymore of my time. My time is precious at the moment.

"Okay." I let out a shaky, low sigh.

🐾🐾🐾

Ella is a confusing woman 😂