Chapter 2: Smelly gym clothes

Dad?

My eyes widened at the sight of him. He told me he had to go out for a meeting this morning.

What was he doing here?

I didn't plan on intervening now that I realized it was my father. He would be outraged to know I was in the company of Brett and his family.

"Shut the hell up you mongrel" dad shouted as he pressed a piece of silver onto an opened wound on the wolf.

Making the wolf wince in pain and causing more blood to ooze out.

Why would a harmless piece of silver cause harm to a wolf?

My eyes welled up with tears, as I saw him, grab the wolf by its neck and throw him into a rusty, old van. The wolf howled in distress.

I turned around, ignoring the gruesome sight whilst walking through the tall redwood trees.

At least my shirt was now damp.

Was my assumption correct? Was he really a poacher?

It didn't tie up, why was an actuary poaching wolves? He hates nature, why would he be out here?

***

13 years ago...

"Daddy! daddy! daddy!" My five year old self screamed out.

"What is it, Harper?" Dad answered, sounding the least bit interested, putting down his phone on the kitchen counter.

"Daddy, my best friend Bernice and her daddy are going camping in the weekend. Can we go with them, daddy?" I asked.

"I have no time for such foolish activities, neither will you join them. You have piano lessons in the weekend with Mrs Van Houer" dad said sternly.

"Please daddy?"I begged with streams of salty tears rolling down my cheeks.

"No! Why would I want to see a bunch of stupid trees, plants and animals. I hate everything about nature, it's disgusting. I will not let my child live like a savage outdoors nor will I ever journey out there. Now, leave me alone. I've got a lot of paperwork to complete." Said dad, now annoyed as he picked up his phone and dialled a number.

"Prepare the-" he looked at me."I'll be with you shortly" said dad to the person on the receiving end of his phone call as he stepped into his study, shutting the door behind him.

***

First, Brett and now dad? I couldn't handle all of this today. I came out here to get a break from everything and leave my wandering thoughts behind. Instead, more inferences made it's way in, settling down in my mind.

"You should watch your step" a husky voice spoke as I tripped over a dead branch. The fallen leaves flew away from me as I fell, dust unsettling.

"I'm, okay" I replied, trying to hide my embarrassment.

He extended his arm towards me, which I took. He yanked me up to my feet as I mumbled a "thank you"

The man seemed to be around his early twenties. A thick layer of gel coated his styled, black ,flowing, thick head of hair. Which hung perfectly to the side of his face.

His jaw line was perfectly shaped and sharp enough to be used as a knife.
He had the facial features which represented that of a Greek God. My eyes travelled down his body and I noticed his bulging biceps and toned body. I wish he would flex right now, I mentally cried.

His intense light green eyes were like precious sparkling orbs, representing gemstones which were rare enough to be found, on the most extravagant of necklaces.

Had he somehow fallen down from Olympus? Was he lost?

Certainly he was one of the Gods or
ex-Gods however that works. Probably he was kicked out for his devilishly good looks.

"What are you doing here anyways?" He inquired, breaking the awkward silence as he noticed me mentally undressing him

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

"What are you doing here anyways?" He inquired, breaking the awkward silence as he noticed me mentally undressing him.

"Uh, I was capturing pictures of the trees"I said anxiously showing him my cell phone.

"You better get going it isn't safe here for someone like you"he said in disbelief.

Someone like me? What did that mean?

"Pleasure meeting you, Harper" he shouted as I ran through the redwood trees. Trying to get away from him as quick as possible.

Who was this man? How did he know my name?

I needed answers.

What the flip was up with my dad?
What was he hiding?
Why did silver cause harm to a wolf?

So many unanswered questions.
So many conclusions that I could derive.

I felt weak and hazy. This was way too much to digest. I finally reached my car.

Something called out to me. I haven't seen these when I parked my car.
Were they even here before?

I picked up a violet colored flower surrounded by numerous other types of colors and species. The flower bore the scent of vanilla and chocolate when I brought it up to my nose and inhaled the luxuriously, delicious fragrance.

How strange.

Darkness engulfed my world. I felt limp and cold. The cool strands of green grass brushed the side of my face as I met with the lush ground. The last thing I remember seeing was a figure standing in front of me, dragging me towards a vehicle. I screamed out asking for help but, no sound emitted from my lips just a mere quiver.

My eyes shut down and I lost sight of my surroundings.

All I saw was black. I felt nothing. Neither could I move anything but I could hear everything.

°**********_________________*********°
Please don't be a stranger, give me feed back by letting me know what you think of chapter 2.

Thank you for reading
Don't forget to vote, comment and share.
- Kylissa xoxo