Chapter 7: Pain!

Harper, nothing is what it seems to be. At this very moment we are being observed, watched and studied. Cameras are hidden around this room.

I picked my head up and looked at Dr G. He had a look of worry plastered on his aging face.

What if he was lying to me?

Just like how dad did, all these years.

Dad

I was too blinded to see it. I was blinded by the expensive clothing he provided me with. The expensive toys and the expensive gifts. Sure I loved receiving all of these luxuries.

What I wanted most of all was just for my father and I to spend time together and bond. I wanted him to show me love and appreciation. That's just something every child wants.

There's one thing which money couldn't buy or bring back and that was time. The destroyer of youth and the fuel to the future.
Never would we be able to create those child hood memories that every kid had with their dad or parents. While all my friends were going to the movies with their parents I was stuck at home or either attending piano lessons.

I cleared my thoughts of the hurtful truth and began to strategically think.

Why would anyone want to 'spy' on Dr G?

I mean he's a great guy and stuff, it's just he's a bit well, let's just say. He's not the most deadly or interesting person on Earth.

Was he hallucinating? Clearly, if I had to be around so many concoctions and numbers the entire day. I'd be slowly loosing my mind.

"I think you're feeling a bit tired from doing all of these calculations and mixing chemicals. You need some rest Dr G" I stated, while grabbing a bottle of water from the mini fridge which was located next to the desk.

The ice cold drink, soothed my dry, wood like throat. Yet it burned a bit when I swallowed more. Besides from being thirsty I needed to take my pills well iron supplements.

I always carried them with me wherever I went. Dad made certain to always monitor my iron intake.

At least he cared about something.

I carefully pulled out the container
from my back pocket. I turned the blue lid multiple times, finally unscrewing the lid. I took out a pill and placed it in my mouth. I took a sip of water and swallowed the pill.

I didn't think that water would cause a burning sensation to erupt within the walls of my oesophagus.

"No, no Harper I am completely normal and I assure you I am in my correct state of mind" he responded in laughter.

Puddles of water formed on the floor. Dr G had suddenly grabbed the bottle from my hand with force making it spill.

What's wrong with this old man?

At first he was being so hospitable. Now, he doesn't even want me to have some bottled water.

I wouldn't mind drinking water from the tap, but dad always forbid that. He always said that it wasn't meant for 'us'. Whatever that meant.

"Uh, why did you just do that?" I questioned with anger lingering in my voice.

"This was not meant for you to have" he answered, cleaning up the spillage on the floor with a piece of tissue.

I'm not even supposed to have water. Wow, that's annoying. Was he saving it for the Fairy water queen or something?

"When will I ever see one of these so called werewolves?" I boldly questioned him, trying to break the awkward silence.

"Honestly, I don't know if you ever will" he replied all blankly disposing the tissue into the kitchen bin.

"How will I know if they exist, or if dad is just pulling a huge prank on me?" I asked this time giggling.

"Harper, you need to wake up and smell the coffee. This is not a prank. Do not disrespect the Hunter's .Werewolves do exist" he shot back.

Removing his attention away from me and taking a water bottle, he poured the bronze, shimmery liquid which he had placed in the petri dish awhile ago and transferred it into the water bottle. He added some bottle water and placed it into the fridge.

Weird.

Why was he putting an extremely dangerous chemical into a water bottle?

What if someone had to accidentally drink it?

I know I'm no rocket scientist or something, but yikes that's just dangerous.

"Dr G" I called, folding my arms across my chest.

"Hmm" he responded, and peered up from his wide rimmed glasses.

"What do you do here anyways? I inquired, scanning his face.

Creases formed on his forehead and his eyes knitted together in confusion. Strands of grey coloured hair could easily be seen when he picked up his head and drew his attention to me.

"I'm a scientist here. I told you that, earlier" Dr G stated, sounding annoyed.

Why would a bunch of 'Hunters' need to hire a scientist?

It didn't make any sense.

"What exactly, do you do here" I questioned him with a stern glare.

"I well, mix solutions and experiment with different mixtures f...f-or the hunters" he blurted, a droplet of sweat cascaded from his temple and slid down to the side of his jawline.

Why was he so nervous?

He always seemed like the calm and collected kind of man. It almost seemed as if he was scared to speak.

What was stopping him from opening the can of worms? Or rather who?

Never in the hours Dr G and I spent conversing, have I heard him mispronounce or have any difficulty in pronouncing a word.

Was he scared? If so, of whom?

***

The shattering of glass filled my ears. A beaker which held some sort of back liquid with specks of silver pieces was now all over the shiny, creamy tiles of the room.

Soon after the pollutant scent, entered my nostrils, causing some sort of burning sensation to radiate within my nasal passage.

I ran out of the room trying to get away from the death scented air.
Loud screams, emitted from my mouth. Asking for help. Begging for the agony to end. I crumpled to the ground.

It felt almost as if a thousand suns had exploded inside my nose. My eyes were now stinging. I rubbed them continuously trying to stop the itching from spreading and intensifying.

The burning smell of flesh filled the air.

My flesh.

All I wanted was for this to cease.

I rolled around on the icy flooring, trying to stop the flames from engulfing my skin and spreading.

I felt an overwhelming cool sensation wash over my over heating body. Droplets of water rolled down the sides of my face. I parted my wet hair which covered my face to see...

_______________________________________

Hello, everyone❤. I hope you enjoy this chapter. Don't forget to vote comment and share.
-Kylissa xoxx