Nine: Over Again

"Cheer up, bud." Namjoon said plainly, although he was still made at Jungkook for what he had done, he still felt bad for his brother, especially when he witnessed the locket open.

Jungkook nodded weakly, his hands still clutching the heart shaped necklace as he was about to cry for the umpteenth time ever since the truth was told.

"Let's go?" Namjoon asked, for almost the fifth time and Jungkook nodded in response also for the fifth time but he didn't moved. Namjoon understood his brother, but they were seriously getting late so he urged him up even though Jungkook was still hesitant.

They arrived at school after a ratherly suprising long walk, Jungkook would sometimes slow down as he stared blankly into nowhere, his face looking dead and Namjoon would step back and push his brother forward.

After being guided by his brother to his classroom, Jungkook was seated in his usual seat, his backpack still in his back as he did not have the strength and inspiration to possibly do something productive. He was waiting for a certain orange haired boy to arrive

After about 15 minutes, the room was occupied with a lot of people and Taehyung was last to enter and seeing his best friend looking so lifeless, he immediately rushed beside him but kept quiet as he knew what was going on in his perfect little head. However, Jimin was nowhere to be found.

"Kook." Taehyung called again and seeing Jungkook blink was a sign that he was finally paying attention to his surroundings. This was the only time that he heard laughing in front of him.

"Look at how desperate he looks." A girl laughed followed by others breaking out louder.

"Poor boy, he shouldn't have expected." Another girl added as she pulled off the most unconvincing concerned face ever.

Immediately, Jungkook knew what they were talking about, and it was the record that they held of when he pranked Jimin and when they beat the poor boy. He snatched the phone away and didn't think twice as he smashed it to the floor and stepped on it. The girl screamed and, instantly, all eyes were on them.

"LISTEN UP. I DON'T WANT ANYONE TO EVER TALK ABOUT WHAT HAPPENED YESTERDAY. IF I SEE OR HEAR YOU, I WON'T HESITATE TO DO WHAT I WANT." Jungkook yelled on the top of his lungs, pointing to each and everyone as anger overtook him.

Most students wanted to make him feel that he was at fault but they were scared at triggering Jungkook more so they shut up and immediately obliged.

Soon, classes started and Jungkook tried to gather himself as much as he could. He willed himself to listen to class and forget about it just for this time so he could concentrate, but when Ms. Yoo asked him about the whereabouts of his partner, it triggered him again.

"Jeon Jungkook?"

"Yes ma'am."

"Did Park Jimin informed you that he wanted to do this designing task individually?" Everyone turned their attention to Jungkook, some were holding their laughter and his best friend was finding ways to butt in to the conversation.

"Y-Yes." Jungkook held his head down, preventing everyone to see his glossy eyes.

"Why would that be?" Ms. Yoo asked curiously, unaware of the series of events that lead to this moment.

"J-Jimin..." His voice started shaking along with his body as everyone waited for him to continue his sentence.

"Jimin had problems, ma'am." Taehyung stood up to defend his best friend. Ms. Yoo raised her eyebrow and let Taehyung continue. "I mean, they both had problems. Being the first and second in the class, they had....umm....contrasting concepts and ideas for designing the room."

Ms. Yoo raised her eyebrows once more as she was not buying the excuse.

"So they had both decided that it would be better to design their own rooms than to merge their ideas which they predicted would probably end up in a terrible fashion crisis." Taehyung tried to sound as convincing and sincere as possible, and Ms. Yoo finally believed.

Jungkook excused himself afterwards and went to the bathroom to, again, blame it on himself and regret his actions. It was like a cycle, and until he got some clarification and forgiveness, it would repeat and repeat.

The next day, the same process happened at their house, Namjoon having a hard time encouraging Jungkook to shower, eat his breakfast and dress up for the day.

At school, Jungkook passed his second design and he was now worried since Jimin was still not around for the second time in a row. This was a record since Jimin was never absent. However, when he was passing his design, he spotted Ms. Yoo checking out another draft for the design and he saw Park Jimin under it.

He felt sort of panicked since Jimin would have been here if his draft was passed, and he felt guilty when sooner he realized that Jimin was probably avoiding him and that's the reason for his absence.

"I really need to see him." Jungkook panicked. They were now at the cafeteria and Jungkook felt guiltier every passing minute and he couldn't handle the stress anymore.

"You can't, Jungkook." Yoongi warned him as Taehyung helped stopping him.

"Why couldn't I?" Jungkook snarled at Yoongi and the older was losing patience fast.

"Why don't you answer that question. We, most importantly you, know the answer." Yoongi retorted making Jungkook stop in place. Shortly after, Jungkook calmed down and the atmosphere between the group was heavy, they didn't know what conversation to engage in.

"I need to go somewhere." Yoongi broke the silence as he stood up and grabbed his backpack.

"I'm going with him." Taehyung replied and followed standing up.

"Where? You both went out yesterday and again today?" Jin asked unamused.

"Y-yeah." Taehyung stuttered while Jungkook was starting to get suspicious as to where they were going after every lunch that they would skip their afternoon classes. However, he decided not to put too much mind on it.

Jungkook was too drained on the thought of his lovelife going down the drain, he just let his soulmate go in the most humiliating way possible. And although he had the looks and skills to snatch any girl or guy he liked, he couldn't. His heart belonged only to Jimin, and besides he waited for this moment for 12 years and he didn't want to let those waiting go to waste.

He was going to get Park Jimin back, but he didn't know what to do and where to start. Luckily, he had his hyungs with him, his brothers by heart. He had now more than enough encouragement to start over again and fix what he had done wrong.

~~~~~~~~~