Chapter two

Later that night in matts room

"Woah that was the best night of my life, running from guards, racing down the sidewalk, facing my fear." Matt said staring at the ceiling.

"Matt, Remember when we would take adventures together all the time? And talking about getting away from this place? Making something of our life?" Jess asks. "Yea, we would talk about what we would like our life to be like" says matt. "Well, i think we should find out who we really want to be by ourselves" she lets out a deep sigh. "Matthew lee Espinosa, your going to go really far in life and I'm going to hear all about your adventures when we meet again, and who knows you might even be famous...but if you set your mind to it and tell yourself you can do it, then you can. Your going to be spreading your wings and flying but you wont have me as a plane in the way." She looks down at her lap the whole time. "Matt I'm moving" she says. When those three words came out..yes just those three words scared matt so much. What would he do without his backbone. How would he even survive high school without his best friend.

"W-what" matt says on the verge of crying. "My parents have been having a rough time finding and keeping jobs....and please don't ask where because i have no clue." She says. "When are you leaving" matt asks. "If i wasn't leaving today, then why would i be saying this now." Jessi says. "Lets not call this goodbye...lets just say, see you later alligator" jess says. "In a while crocodile" matt says. They both get up and give each other a long loooong hug. They sit on his bed for a couple more minutes just holding hands. "As soon as i leave im getting the first bus i can get" jess says. But why would she say that if she is leaving with her parents.

Both jess and matt look into each others eyes, they both lean forward..there lips meeting. But as soon as it started it was over. Matt touched his lips looking at the ground in amazement. When he turns around. Jess is gone. Gone out of his life. He just lost the momma bird and here he is all alone being a baby bird.

He lays on his bed crying for hours. He had just faced his biggest fear...

-

-

-

Ok so ik its in third person pov.....but next chapter it is in matts pov. So matt had just faced his number one fear...will he ever face that fear again? Who knowss. K so im working on a new cover bc idk this one doesnt stand out enough k bye bbs