How did you know? (Chapter 6)

I looked over at the boys and saw that they had their guns out and pointed at the shape-shiftier.I looked around and spotted a knife. "Be careful with that. It's sharp." Dean said. I looked over at him and grinned. "Is this knife silver?" I asked. 

Dean looked at me and said, "Yeah, it is. Why?" I didn't answer. I just picked it up and turned back to the shape-shiftier. "How did you know?" It asked. I didn't answer. I just aimed the knife and threw it at the shiftier. 

The knife hit dead center. Strait in the heart. I smiled and looked at the Winchesters. They were looking at me with an astonished look. "You killed it without even trying." Dean said. "Yeah.... And....." I said.  

"What are you?" Sam asked. My face dropped as I looked at the floor. "I'm a mutant freak. I was raised in a lad and I have freakish powers that I can't understand. The school will never stop looking for me." I looked strait at the boys as I said, "You never should have saved me." 

"Don't say that." Sam said. "We need to figure out a plan to get Jo back." Dean said. I just shook my head and headed for the door. "Where are you going?" Bobby asked. "To get this Jo back." I said. "We need a plan." Sam said.

I just jumped up and ran out the door. I opened my wings and jumped into the air. I flew towards the sewer grate that I saw the Shape-shifter head out of. After a fifteen minute flight, I found what I was looking for.