part one ×× 'who are you?...'

One more long night of closing after seeing so many faces-- now that you think about it, you could barely remember anyone who came into the shop after being so busy. You sigh, taking a deep breath as you pulled the keys from the recently changed lock. It was going to be a long, sleepless night as you could already tell.

          As you strode quickly down the darkened sidewalk, lit by only dull street lamps, you heard a ruffling from a dark alleyway beside you. Curious as to what it was, you spoke clearly.

"Who's there?" 

          Almost as if they were caught, they paused at the sound of your voice. A small sniffle could be heard from the creature in the darkness, as they padded deeper into a dark corner. You only frowned, knowing it was most likely another hybrid kicked out onto the streets by a careless owner. 

"Please come out, I won't harm you... You must be hungry, to be looking through the trash for foo-"

"I don't need another human's sympathy. Leave me alone..."

          You were shocked. A low male's voice came from the darkness with such a snappy tone. He almost seemed angry that you'd stopped to ask. You only bit your lip, being stubborn as you approached the darkness.

"Y-yah! I said leave me alone!"

          And that's when you saw it. Only a few feet away from him, his torn clothes and dirtied skin showed. You couldn't help but look up and see the long, black ears that protruded his head. 

"You're a rabbit hybrid- aren't you?" You continued, unafraid of his menacing yet adorable snarl.

          He seemed hesitant to answer, eyebrows furrowed as he fisted the edges of his shirt. You only smiled softly, offering a kind hand.

"Here... Come with me and we can get you some food.." You offered, only for him to shake his head.

"No... I don't need any more owners. I hate humans. They're nice at first, and then, they hurt you! And they treat you like trash!" He huffed, crossing his arms.

"I never said i'd own you, did I? You're obviously hungry enough to dig through trash, so won't you come with me and get some hot, fresh food?" You continued to offer.

          The bunny boy seemed to hesitate, his stomach growling loudly as he winced and whined softly, scrunching his nose up adorably.

"F-fine..." He stuttered quietly. "I don't promise i'll stay- a-ah- CHOO!" 

          He sneezed into his elbow, eyes screwed shut as he became dizzy. Your eyes widened, realising he must be sick as well. You gently took his hand, escorting him back to your home. You opened the door, making him enter.

"Here, lay down on the couch while I prepare you some broth.." You gently sat him down, as he complained of a headache.

"My head hurts... And I can't breathe through my nose.." He whined quietly.

          You hurried off to the kitchen, getting a cool wash cloth before folding it and bringing it to him. You tilted his head back, laying the coolness against his forehead. He let out a small sigh of relief.

"Now, before I make you food... I need your name."

"The last humans that owned me called me Jungkook... When they were in a good mood." Jungkook spoke lowly, ear twitching at the mention.

          You nodded quietly, before hurrying off to the kitchen to make his soup. Using some of the spare hybrid food you had left, you mixed it into some warm carrot broth. When finished, you brought it out to Jungkook.

"Here... Be careful it's h-"

          By the time you'd managed to finish your sentence, he'd had the bowl to his lips and was already drinking the hot liquid eagerly. In record time, he'd sat the bowl down with a small thankful bunny grin.

"-ot..." You laughed softly at him. "Well... I suppose we can get you cleaned up in a bath now.".

          He cocked his head, one of his ears bending down curiously.

"Bath? Don't you mean a bucket of water dumped on me..?" He asked, obviously confused.

"I would never!" You frowned. "You poor thing.." A soft sigh left your lips. "Come here.."

          You took his hand, escorting him upstairs into the bathroom. "You'll get a nice warm bath here. Aish... You must have been misteated.." You let out a gloomy sigh once more, before rushing to your room. You grabbed some of your dad's old clothes, preying he wouldn't notice the scent of him before taking him the clean clothes and a towel.

"Here.." You sat the clothes down on the counter. "I'll run the bath, but you need to wash yourself and dry yourself... And dress yourself.." You laughed softly as he nodded.

          You soon ran the water before stepping out with a sigh. "Taking care of a stray, sick hybrid Y/N.. Wow.." You looked up. "What am I going to do..?"

~~~~

First chapter done! :'D I hope you like it~~

- authornim