road trips [2]

I turned around, suddenly disoriented. "No, no, I'm not going. Are you fucking crazy?" I asked, putting a hand on my bare hip. A crop top wasn't the nicest thing to be in at the moment, but it could earn me some brownie points in attempt to get myself out of this situation.

"Ha, fiesty one, ain't ya?" He said, looking me up and down, mockingly placing a hand on his hip as well. I rolled my eyes.

"I'm staying, greenie, whether you like it or not. It's my home, and I was the one who was helping you!" I exclaimed in annoyance, fiddling with my hair. He growled in frustration, letting out a groan, stomping his feet on the ground.

"Looks like someone's a little tantrum thrower." I replied with a snarky tone, making him even more mad. He pulled out his blaster, pointing it right at my head.

"I've had enough, fleshy. Do it or you're dead." I gulped, turning my head towards my house, looking at the ground. "Fuck you," I muttered, walking off towards my house, tears welling in my eyes. His shoulders drooped and his head hung low, as if guilty of something. I shook it off and stepped foot into my rainkissed home.

Home. It's not really a place, it's kind of like a state of mind. Like if you find people you love and you stay with them. That's home.

I don't really know whether I would ever find home again.

I slipped past my mother's bedroom with all of my needed things for a lon trip, including a notebook and some pens and pencils. Maybe to draw, who knows. The large robot was peering inside, making sure I wasn't making any escape plan or something. "I'm just going to write a note, okay?" I told him, making him scoff. "Don't tell her much, I don't want her talking." I nodded and returned back to my notebook.

Dear Mom,

I'm so sorry. I need to go for a while. Please, I can't say much. I love you so much, forever and always.

Y/N

Crosshairs gave me a, "come on, let's move," look before transforming into his alt form. I growled in anger and sadness, leaving the note on her desk with some tears dripping down the sides. He popped open the door, and I looked back one last time. The old creaky swing that was there ever since the house was built was still rocking, and the sound made my heart ache. My father used to push me on that exact same swing.

"Come on, lass, let's go." The alien said, revving his engine. I groaned in annoyance. "Do you want to wake my mom up?" I asked, and he quieted. I finally climbed into the car, and we began to drive off.

It was heartbreaking to leave everything I grew up by. I put my hands into my head and began to cry as we drove off. I felt like a wimp, but honestly, I didn't care anymore. I was leaving everything I ever knew.

Crosshairs stayed quiet. He wouldn't say much, nor would he tell me to shut up. He wouldn't tell me anything, which made me cry even more. Finally, he spoke up. "Hey, hey, look, it'll be okay." He spoke softly through the radio.

"How? I just wished I never helped you. I wouldn't be leaving my Mom and never returning to them if it weren't for you. I just said I was going on a road trip although I may never actually return." The words echoed through his head like a bullet clanging inside of him.

I just wished I never helped you.

"Y/N, I promise I'll keep you safe," He suddenly blurted out after a moment of silence. "From now on, you'll be my charge." I pondered what a charge was silently to myself before asking. "What do you mean? And how will you be able to keep me safe, anyways?"

He paused before finally speaking up again. "A charge is an Autobot- short for Automated Robotic Organisms from the planet Cybertron. That is what I am, as you probably already know.. but we are assigned to certain humans who are aware of our existence to protect them from.. any danger. In other words, I'll do anything to protect you."

There was a silence, a long silence. I paused for a moment. "Open your top," I finally muttered. The radio beeped in confusion. "C'mon, you heard me right." Suddenly, the top popped open, and I could feel the wind brushing against my face. Standing up in the seat, I laughed as I nearly fell over when Crosshairs made a tight swerve.

"Stop it!" I squealed, falling back into the seat. I felt more at ease now, with the wind pressed against my chest and the whole world behind me. I smiled softly, falling back into the seat. The seat began to heat up, and I could hear him chuckle quietly. Was he blushing?

I pulled out a map and pointed to Wales Lake. I could hear him say, "huh?" slightly, so I began to explain to him that it was a safe resting place for a while.

"It's a safe place to rest, and it's quite secluded. No one really ever goes there, too. I used to fish there with my father when I was little. There's plenty of bass and fish to eat, and uh, I don't know what you eat, but uh, we'll figure that out." I muttered sheepishly. He let out a satisfied hum, and I could see the coordinates pop up on his screen for the lake.

"Looks like we're heading back to the past." I smiled sadly. I could swear he smiled sadly too.