"Maybe Brooke's right," Scott said. Brooke smiled at Stiles smugly and he rolled his eyes. "It's just that, chasing her, dragging her to the back of the bus, it felt so real."

"How real?" Brooke asked.

"Like it actually happened."

The three continued down the hallway and pushed open the double doors that led outside. The sight in front of them caused them stop mid-stride. A bus had its back door hanging off its hinges, blood covering the inside and outside of the vehicle. Crime scene investigators were everywhere, taking pictures and swabbing for DNA.

Stiles gulped. "I think it did."

In a flash, Scott was running back inside. Stiles and Brooke quickly followed, chasing him through the hallways. They tried their best to reassure him that Allison was probably fine, but it didn't help.

Scott disappeared around the corner. Brooke followed him but Stiles lost the two in the crowd of students. When Brooke found Scott again, he was leaning his head against the lockers. He growled and punched the locker in front of him.

"Oh no," Brooke mumbled, pushing her way towards him. She placed a hand on his shoulder, and Scott felt the anger fade away from his body. "Breathe, Scott. Calm down."

Scott backed away slowly. Stiles reappeared and walked towards them. Brooke stayed where she was, but Scott continued backing up, not paying attention to where he was going. That's how he ran into Allison.

Seeing she was alive, Stiles and Brooke let out a breath. Brooke began to walk away, but Stiles stayed where he was and watched the two teens picking up Allison's things from the floor.

"Why are you just standing there? Come on!" Brooke snapped at Stiles. She grabbed his wrist and forcefully pulled him down the hallway towards their English Class.

"Whoa, are you okay?" Stiles asked. Her sudden change in demeanor shocked him.

Brooke dropped his wrist. "Yeah, I'm fine." She closed her eyes and took in a deep breath as felt the anger and frustration she picked up from Scott dissipate. "Come on, we gotta get to class."

Stiles couldn't help but feel disappointed when she didn't grab his wrist again. A P.A announcement filled the hallways informing the students that classes would proceed as usual despite the bloody bus. Stiles groaned along with the rest of the students and followed Brooke to class.

******

During second period, Brooke got a text from Stiles that the police found something near the crime scene. A man was being put in an ambulance when he suddenly jumped up, screaming like crazy. While Stiles was happy that the man was alive, Scott was feeling guilty because he thought he caused it.

At lunch, Allison suggested they sit with Scott and Stiles. Lydia was vehemently against the idea, but Brooke convinced her it wouldn't be that bad. Her and Lydia were the first to get their lunches, so they headed to the table the two boys were sitting at.

"Don't worry, we'll figure it out," Stiles assured Scott as the two girls joined them.

"Figure what out?" Lydia asked, sitting next to Scott.

"Oh, uh, homework!" Scott stuttered out. Lydia looked at Brooke but she just shrugged. She sat down across from Lydia at the end of the table. Her arm brushed against Stiles' as she reached for the food on her tray. Stiles felt his entire arm buzz.

"Why are they sitting with us?" Stiles whispered to Scott. He shrugged.

"They can hear you," Brooke said, leaning forward to imitate the way Stiles was. The two boys blushed and looked down at their trays. Soon enough, Allison, Jackson, and Danny had joined them and their table was full.