Chapter 5

Pamela's POV

Its been three weeks since I got the letter from the President demanding that I become his secretary. I have to say, I've been broke,my electricity was caught off since I didn't pay the bills and I'm in need of money.

I removed the rubber band holding my hair and let it fall down to my waist, I pulled out a formal black dress from my wardrobe along with a pair of black pumps, after applying little make up and wearing my clothes I walked out of my house.

                           •••

Right now I'm standing outside the white house waiting for some one to attend to me, I found an intercom and pressed it waiting for someone to answer." Hello, how may we help you"? A voice asked .

With a shaky voice I said." I'm here to see the President".

"Name?"

"Pamela Churchill".

The line went dead for a while before it spoke up again." Come in".

I watched as the black gates opened slowly snd I walked passed it, the aisle was long so I used the opportunity to admire the garden. The grasses were well trimmed and the white fountain in the middle gave it a more dashing look, the men that stood by the door cleared the path for me allowing me to enter the White House.

"Have a seat, the President will be with you in a minute". The blond said, I nodded at settled down on a white armchair, it smelt like lavenders and Roses. There was a huge spiral staircase with polished railings and Japanese antiques all lined up in a glassy frame, a chandelier dangled from the ceiling giving the room a beautiful glow.  My mind was brought back to the present when I heard screaming from the other room.

There stood a tall brunette wearing black short skirt and a cream shirt,she had beautiful blue eyes but right now they looks angry, in front of her was the President, he looked angry too.

"Sorry Camila but your FIRED and I'll say it again if you want me to". I heard Rikkard say.

"I heard you Rikkard and GOOD LUCK finding a new secretary". The brunette said.

An evil smirk appeared on Rikkard's lips." I already did Camila". He said and her angry gaze landed on me, she gave me an evil look before they darted to Rikkard and then she was gone. Rikkard sighed heavily before he took the seat in front of me." Sorry about that Pamela". He apologized sincerely.

I smiled. "Its okay".

His eyes lit up with excitement like he couldn't believe that I was here." Okay then, I'll tell Beatrice to show you around okay?" He asked and I nodded,he nodded too before leaving but not without throwing a wink at me.

After about five minutes a plump short lady with shoulder length black hair and brown warm eyes appeared in front of me." Hello I'm Beatrice, you must be Pamela come on follow me". She rushed happily, I smiled at her before following her to wherever she was going.

                           °°°

By the time we were done with the tour, my feet were killing me. Beatrice showed me my room which was next to the Presidents room she also said that she already went shopping for me do I wouldn't have to worry about clothes!   

"Thank you Beatrice, I really enjoyed the tour". I said and she nodded.

"Dinner would be ready in 30 minutes". She informed before leaving I got into my room and collapsed on the Queen sized bed, the room was plain white, it had a black bedside table and another huge table which held a long mirror, the walk-in closet was huge enough to be a bedroom. I got into the bathroom and had a quick bath then wore sweatpants and a tank top, I really didn't feel like eating so I decided to skip dinner, I lay down on my bed and when I was about sleeping the intercom buzzed.

The President.

If this is how things are gonna be I am ready to quit!

I got out of my room and knocked on the Presidents door,when he replied I opened the door and saw the dim light reflecting the room. " Are you okay"? The president asked, I couldn't see him but at leat I could here him.

That's enough right?

"Yes Mr President".

"You will be coming with me to England tomorrow, so go pack your things". And then I saw his glowing green eyes,they were closer to me now like I could reach out and touch them.

Really? England? I never thought I'd leave Washington state, but here I am on my way to England. Should I go?

"Is that okay with you Pamela"? He asked.

"Yes sir, thank you". I said and left his room,he pulled me back and did something I never expected him to do or maybe he's drunk.

Because I'm pretty sure it is not normal for a President to kiss his secretary on her cheek.