[I] Jongho (pt. 2) - Enemy

It's not like I hated Ayano. In fact, I thought she was amazing. She was really nice, had a great sense of humor and a great fashion sense. We became friends, but he haven't gotten the chance to get closer.

I haven't gotten a chance to get closer to Jongho either.

And that's not my fault, it's Jongho's. If I see him at all, he's always going out with Ayano. I don't really get the chance to talk to either of them.

Now Jongho and I did have a love-hate relationship, but we were still friends and had each other's back.

Now, though, he seems to have completely tossed me aside.

I tried to be understanding. His best friend had finally come back after two years, of course they wanted to spend time together, I got that.

After three weeks though, I kinda got enough of it.

That last week I really wondered why I liked him so much and wished I didn't. I wondered if I was just overreacting when I felt jealous of Ayano. I really wanted to spend some time with him too.

I still didn't want to show what I felt so I just kinda dealt with it for another three weeks. And with 'dealt with', I mean that I didn't even bother trying to see him anymore. He'd just tell me he'd be going out with Ayano again.

One day, I was surprised to get a phone call from the one and only Jongho, the one who's got my thoughts and feelings all messed up.

It was nice to hear his voice again, I must admit.

He asked me if I wanted to watch a movie with him and I, hesitantly, agreed.

If he mentioned that Ayano was there, I wouldn't have done so.

The second I saw her I wanted to walk back out. Not because I hated her, but because I knew she would get all the attention again and it'd be hard for me to stay as chipper as I was.
I really felt jealous and I hated it.

I sucked it up though and smiled at the both of them.

"(Y/N)! It's nice to see you again. Glad you agreed to watch with us!" She said with a smile.

"Of course. What're we watching?"

We were apparently watching a horror movie, and I grinned at Jongho. I knew he got scared easily. I myself loved horror movies, and apparently, Ayano did too.

We both mostly laughed at how scared Jongho was. He was even clinging onto my arm. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't enjoying that.

After the movie was finished, we started teasing him about it. He went to the bathroom, and we hid, only to scare him to death when he came back. I never knew he had such a girly scream.

The rest of the night we just hung out together, and I was actually included in the fun. I finally had hope me and Jongho were gonna be okay again.

Didn't I say that I liked Ayano before? Well I love her now. She's hilarious and we have a lot in common.

At the end of the night I left the way I came: with a huge smile on my face.

~~~ Two days later ~~~

Since I felt like Jongho was being friendly with me again, I showed up to his house to hang out. I probably should've told him first.

When I got there and told him I wanted to hang out, he looked really awkward.

"Sorry, I'm hanging out with Ayano today."
"Oh... Well, maybe tomorrow?"
"With Ayano..."

All right, that was it. I scoffed at him as I felt anger bubble up inside me.

"You know, I really tried. I really tried to be patient and I understood why you wanted to hang out with Ayano in the first week. But then you straight up ignored me for another 5 fucking weeks! Now I finally thought we could hang out like normal after we met up two days ago and what do you know? You're hanging out with Ayano again! I love the girl but god dammit she took you away from me! Why did you replace me with her? Oh wait, you never replaced me, you replaced her with me after she left! You never liked me like I like you, you have no idea how much I like you!"

I couldn't stop the tears from escaping my eyes while I was shouting at him. I felt horrible.

"(Y/N).. He started, but I cut him off."
"No, I don't wanna hear your excuses. If you like Ayano that much, forget about m-"

Before I knew it, Jongho had his lips on mine.

Time stood still for a moment as I watched his closed eyes and felt one of his hands on my waist, his other one slowly sliding from my shoulder to the back of my neck.

His lips were incredible soft and slowly moved against mine. I hadn't even realized I was kissing him back.

My eyes fluttered shut and I pressed my palms against his chest.

We pulled away after what felt like an eternity and looked into each other's eyes.

"You..." I was speechless.
"I was scared of my own feelings and tried to make them go away by ignoring you. I'm sorry." Jongho said, his voice barely above a whisper.
"I'll never like Ayano in the way I like you. I'm sorry for making you feel the way you did."

My eyes flickered to the ground and then back at him.

"It's okay. Just... don't do this again, you asshole."

His laugh made me smile.

"There we go again. How did I ever fall for someone like you."
"Oh shut up, I'm amazing. Watch your mouth before I-"

I was cut off as he, once again, kissed me.

That fucking asshole.

Next: Their reaction to their significant other preparing for a comeback.