Chapter 6

"Nobody's gonna hold your hand
And guide you through
It's up for you to understand
Nobody's gonna feel your pain
When all is done
And it's time for you to walk away"
Scene Two - Roger Rabbit - Sleeping With Sirens

-

Saturday rolled around and Luke woke up reasonably early. Sure, he was a little bit too excited so he sat an alarm, but whatever.

He walked into the kitchen for some chocolate milk, stepping on some broken glass in the floor. "Fuck."

Now I'll just get yelled at for tracking blood through the house.

Cleaning up his own blood, he saw that his mom left him a note.

Dustin's at work, duh, and I left. Be back soonish.

"How specific 'mom'." He sighed crumbled up the paper and tossed it in the trash.

After making his milk he washed a few dishes and cleaned up broken vodka bottles. He then sat in the living room for an hour and played on his phone. But, to be honest, twitter sucks, Facebook sucks, Instagram sucks, and snapchat is funny when you have someone to actually talk to, but all his friends are asleep.

Ashton was busy cleaning his apartment like a mad man. He really had no idea why, either. He knows (assumes) that Luke's house is shit, but that doesn't meant his has to be.

He took a shower and spent an hour picking out what to wear. Because what if he's to casual? To sporty? To goth, to punk, to preppy, to bland? Luke shouldn't mind the whole black look. He dresses like that himself, so it shouldn't be to weird.

Luke did the same thing. He took a shower and stared at himself in the mirror. First of all, he's fucking ugly. His mom is right. Dustin is right. But at least he's in shape.

He turns around to see all the cigarette burns on his back. They're actually embarrassing. Whatever boy he was saving his body for is a choice that has flown out the window. At least the bruises were gone, and the cuts on his wrist from the coffee table were faded into pale scars.

He traced the long scars on his left arm from his freshmen and sophomore year. What a huge mistake.

After his shower he stayed walked to his room in just a towel so he could pick out something to wear. He eventually and ultimately decided on ripped skinny jeans, a red and black button-up flannel, and his black lace up boots.

As seven thirty began to roll around Luke searched frantically for his car keys and looked in the mirror one last time.

"Alright, Luke. Don't fuck this up."

-

Ashton had no idea what time Luke was supposed to show up, but he practically jumped out of his skin to open the door when he heard a knock.

It was just the pizza boy.

The second time he heard a knock he just knew it was Luke. He adjusted his hair and straightened his shirt.

When he opened the door he saw something so beautiful. And he knows that this is such a clichéd thing to say, but Luke is a fucking angel in disguise. His smile is just perfect.

Luke tossed whatever was left of his cigarette to the ground and stepped on it.

"Can I come in?"

Ashton blushed and moved out of Luke's way, "Sorry."

This time Luke actually noticed Ashton, "Damn Mr. Irwin. You're fucking hot."