Chapter 10 | Love Dilemma

"Love Dilemma"
|Don't own Harry Potter|
***

"Love Dilemma"|Don't own Harry Potter|***

***
Third POV:

"Hey Valerie, I've been meaning to ask. How do you know Sirius?", Faye asked curiously sitting on her bed looking at her best friend from across the room.

"Oh, that's because I've been his playmate for a couple years with a bunch of other pureblood offsprings", Valerie replied as she rolled her eyes remembering the horrid experience.

"I see... ", Faye trailed off looking at her toes.

"Why do you want to know? Ooh! Do you like him?! As your best friend, I can totally set you guys up!", Valerie said looking at her best friend excitedly as she painted her toe nails with holographic bronze and blue nail polish.

"What?! No! I don't like him like that!", Faye denied painting her own toe nails the same colors.

"Faye my darling~ you're just in denial", the Asian girl teased getting a indignant huff from the strawberry blonde.

"What?! I am not!", Faye argue as Valerie spelled her nails dry laughing.

"Oh Faye~, you're so easy to get worked up and tease", Valerie cooed. Before Faye got to retort Valerie changed the subject.

"As much as I love discussing about your fabulous love life, we are Ravenclaws. And as Ravenclaws it is our duty to be the smartest and wittiest of them all!"

She exclaimed as she continued to pull out huge tombs and books out her satchel. Faye watched in morbid horror as the tower of knowledge get higher and higher.

"Oh stop pouting, and get crackin' Faye!", Valerie said shoving her face in a Charms book.

"You know you're crazy right?! There's way too much knowledge for us to process", Faye argued.

"And that's why we're reading all of this for this week, so stop your whining and start reading. And by the end of it you'll thank me", Valerie retorted as she shoved a Potions book into the reluctant girl's hands.

Giving up Faye followed her BFF's example and started reading and by the end of two hours Faye learned a lot, while Valerie shot her a snooty knowing look.

"Your pureblood is showing", Faye told her as she shot her a weak glare.

"Well, your laziness is showing darling~", she retorted giving me a dazzling mischievous smile.

"Whatever, it's almost time for dinner so let's pack up. So we can see your lover boy", Valerie teased putting away the books with magic. While Faye bookmarked them and put away their notes and essays.

After five minutes they were ready to go. Hooking arms they walked side by side talking about random things when they heard yelling further down the hallway.

Sharing a look they ran towards the source and saw Lily yelling angrily at the marauders before helping a hexed Severus to the hospital wing to reverse and heal the bubbling blisters– eww.

Faye POV:

Years ago I would be on their backs for bullying but with Severus being the one who always starts the fights with snide comments. I gave up mediating the two groups.

Lily can gladly have that job back.

It annoyed me to no end but hey– I'm a Ravenclaw for a reason and not a Gryffindor anymore.

Since they left we shared a shrug and continued on our journey to the Great Hall for dinner.

Not even five steps were taken when the boys turned to us, "Hey guys!", Valerie greeted cheerfully while I stood there like an awkward potato.

"Hey Valerie, Faye, How are you guys?", Remus greeted us kindly. Smiling at him I told him I was doing well.

Sirius saw this and practically pushed his friend out of the way and bent down and kissed Faye's hand.

"Hello my lovely Fairy". He purred flirtatiously.

Out of the corner of my eye I could practically see everyone watching with a knowing look especially Valerie who looked especially smug.

I internally groaned. Hormones is a bitch.

Turning back to Sirius I could feel my face literally blaze on fire, 'Oh dear Merlin... What is wrong with me? No! I mustn't fall in love in with him! No way. This isn't part of the plan!", while I was stuck in my dilemma I didn't realize that everyone was staring at my dazed face.

"Faye?", Valerie called out worriedly successfully breaking me out of my daze. Rowena, that was embarrassing.

"Huh? Oh yeah. Hello to you as well Siri. And good evening to you lovely gentlemens as well", I greeted them with a soft smile that Sirius loved so much.

"I'm starving... Can we get lunch now?" Pettigrew whined, immediately getting agreements in response.

So yeah, we all ended up walking together to the Great Hall before we separated to our respective tables though Sirius did occasionally send a wink towards me when Valerie engaged herself in a conversation with a fellow year mate of ours.

Smiling back at him I softly laughed humourlessly to myself, already knowing my plan was never going to work as Hermione and Ron always liked to point out before.

'Maybe... Just maybe.. I'll give him a chance', I thought go myself catching Siri's eyes one last time before turning to Valerie who was watching us with that annoying smirk.

'Oh Merlin, have mercy on me please', I thought to myself as Valerie immediately pestered me with questions.

Was loving Sirius Black worth it?