I bite my lip. "Can you type fast? Alice usually types up the presentation coz she's like a whiz. I can only type like 5 words a minute, I usually just handwrite everything, and it generally annoys Alice."

"No problem, I can do that." She says; I hand her the laptop and some detailed notes, to which she sets to work on immediately. I go back to writing as she types, her fingers moving at exceptional speeds on the keys. "Do you feel any better?" She asks after a moment as she focuses on the screen.

I glance over at her. "Yes thank you, your mom's soup helped."

Rose smiles and keeps typing; the bell eventually rings signalling the end of first period and neither of us make a move. I glance at Rosalie. "Shouldn't you go to class?"

"I should, but it doesn't mean I'm going to." She smirks.

I roll my eyes. "Honestly, it's okay if you gotta go to class. I'm just going to roll up to math late, I can't be bothered with it."

"Ugh math sucks. How about we go get coffee?" She smiles.

I bite my lip. "You know, I have a very bad problem with coffee...."

Rose laughs light. "I'm sure you'll be fineee."

"She is not allowed any coffee before noon." I hear a voice say and I groan, glaring at Parker. "She drinks way too much so we put her on a ban. Hi, I'm Parker. Her insanely hot but gay best friend." He holds his hand out.

Rosalie laughs and shakes his hand. "Well, hello Parker. What's defined as too much coffee then?"

"You don't even want to know. C'mon, we have math and you're not leaving me alone again." He says.

I sigh and look at Rosalie. "Thank you for your help. I'll see you around?"

She smiles and nods, helping me tidy up. "See you around." She says as she heads off in the opposite direction to me and Parker.

"Wait to go, numbnuts. I almost had free coffee." I grumble as we go towards H block.

"Oh shut up, little miss grumpy." He smirks as he holds the door for me.

-

It reaches the end of the day and Alice hasn't showed - why am I a little upset? I sigh, exhausted, as I put my books and things back in my locker. Just as I close it a very pale hand extends in front of me with a Starbucks cup in their hand. I look up at Rosalie as she graciously leans on the lockers smirking.

"Parker already left - you never got this from me." She says and winks.

I laugh and take it. "Thank you, Rosalie."

"So obviously twinkle toes didn't show, but I had fun earlier. Do you need anymore help?" She asks as we begin to slowly walk down the emptying halls. How does this girl wear heels all day every day?

"I do but it'll be fine until Alice can come help, I don't want to burden you anymore." I say as I wrap my cardigan more around myself. God why did I not ask dad for bus money!?

"Are you walking home?" Rosalie frowns as she sees me shiver at the cold air of the outside.

I shrug. "Yeah I'm used to it - just didn't expect it to be this cold in March, basically April. It's okay I'll warm up as I walk."

"Nonsense, let me give you a ride. The boys already left." She smiles.

I hesitate but another shiver down my body answers for me; Rosalie gently takes me by my elbow and leads me to a red convertible with the top down. "Um - wow?" I say. Wow is an understatement, Bailey!

Rosalie laughs. "Don't worry, I'll put the roof up." She says as she climbs in the drivers side; I quickly climb in the passenger side and buckle up as she pushes a button and the roof automatically slides over us.

I smile. "This is nice. Birthday present?"

"Moving present." She laughs. "I got it just after we moved here, Carlisle and Esme said Alice and I have to share but that never happens so it's basically mine."

"Lucky. My parents don't trust me with a crappy car even." I grumble.

"How so?" She asks as she focuses on the road.

I shrug. "I caused a bit of trouble for them... I'm a changed person but they don't believe that."

"Like...?"

"Oh you think I'm going to tell a mysterious Cullen all my secrets?" I smirk.

"Mysterious?" Rose laughs, shaking her head which causes her blonde curls to bounce. "Why does everyone think we're like a Sherlock Holmes mystery waiting to be unlocked?"

I snigger at the reference. "You're all so pale and you keep to yourself - Well, until like 3 weeks ago when I got paired with your sister - I'm surprised you came over earlier and actually spoke to me. It's not in your character."

"My character?" She laughs as she looks over at me. "What is my character?"

"I'll offend you." I shake my head, smirking slightly.

"Oh please, I don't get offended." She says.

"Okay fine." I shrug as I sit up a little. "You're the pretty girl, little miss popular - at least you would be if your family interacted with other people. Every guys wants you, every girl wants to be you. You care about yourself only, maybe your man too, but mainly yourself - self gain is your only goal."

Rosalie mulls this over for a moment. "Okay, pretty true analysis there. My turn to do you?" I shrug. "Alright - You're little miss bitter. You like to not be the centre of attention but your actions put you there. You like to push boundaries, cross lines and you only think of yourself - you don't think of the consequences of your actions."

"Ouch, you're spot on." I shake my head as I bite my cheek. She really has hit the hammer on the nail there.

Rosalie smirk and it fades after a moment as she pulls up at my house - how did she even know where I live? "You know, you seem to bring out a new side to my sister, a side I feel like I haven't seen before. Just... be patient with her. And know that I consider you a friend now; maybe." She smiles gently and I smile small. "If you need anything then don't hesitate to ask. Ever." She says gently.

I grab my bag. "Um thanks... I gotta go, my brother will be going crazy with my sisters." I mutter as I climb out.

Rosalie watches as I walk up the drive way. As I glance back I see the window open. "Oh, and Bailey?" She calls.

"Yeah?" I call as I open the door and feel Reggie hug my legs.

"You're also a good kid with a good heart - that's your main character." She smiles gently before speeding away.

Wow - I got a compliment off a Cullen? I think I just saw a pig fly.