Chapter one

"Hi I'm Matthew" 5 years old matt says. "My name is jessi, we should be best friends" jess says. "Ok. What do best friends do?" Matt asks. "We make promises" jess says. "Ok ill make the promise up. Hm ok...i promise i will always be your best friend and always have your back" says jess. "Ok, promise?" Matt asks, sticking out his pinky. "Promise." jess confirms, locking her pinky with matts.

From that day onward matt and jess became inseparable.

Matt and jess at 6 years

"Hey matt, look theres a shooting star!" Jess whisper shouts. "Make a wish" i say. "No i think ill save mine for another time, when i need it." Jess says. Matt closes his eyes and whispers a wish to himself. Jess and matt have a secret spot where they always go to play and explore together. This spot is up in the trees.

Matt always took his blue ball with him, the ball had a face drawn on. It had the same color eyes as jess. Since jess was matts only friend, whenever she was gone, matt would have the ball and pretend like it was jess there with him instead of the ball.

"Mattheww come inside its getting dark and say goodbye to jessi for the night" matts mother yells through the kitchen window.

"Ill meet you at your window matt" jess says to matt. "Okay ill see you there" matt says back.

Jess goes around the house while matt goes inside. Jess climbs through the trees and on the roof ledge to matts bedroom window. She puts her fingers through the cracked open window and glides the window up, she climbs through carefully, trying not to make a sound.

Matt and jess at 14 years old

Matt and jess are in his room.

Jess can hear matts parents yelling at each other.
"Matt come with me we are going on an adventure." I say half awake. "Ok" matt agrees. They climb out the window and down the tree and find the bus stop.

We arrive at a aquarium. Matthew is deathly afraid of this place.

"Jess you know I'm scared of this place" matt shockingly says. "Don't worry I've never convinced you to do anything that would hurt you, right?" Says jess. "You know what just don't answer that." She giggles. And so does matt at her statement.

We sneak into the place. Matt holds jess's hand really tight. Jess brings matt into the shark area. Matt stands completely still..stunned of the sharks and very frightened.

Jess goes behind matt and wraps her hands around his stomach. "Watch they cant hurt you" jess calmly says. She walks in front of matt and puts her hand on the glass separating them from the sharks. Jess motions matt to place his hand on hers on the glass. At first he's hesitant but then he goes and does it.

"See they wont hurt you" jess says to matt. Matt had just faced his second biggest fear. The first he would've never seen coming.
*
*
*
Hey guys uhm so what do think of the first chapter. What do you think matts first fear is? Leave any feedback.
Sorry thus chapter was boring but it will get more interesting in the next few. Byeee guys👋