Chapter 6: All Things Missing

Start from the beginning

It merely a month later that I had realized Aeliana and Aemilia were twins. I had even thought Aeliana's name had been Aemilia, seeing as Aemilia was the only one I had actually conversed with.

Instantly, I knew it was Aeliana I had fallen in love with and Aemilia clearly had not been happy with my choice.

It had started with a little jealousy and then it escalated to causing little 'accidents' to hurt Aeliana and soon enough, she was blinded by so much jealousy that she did the unthinkable. She tried to kill Aeliana. She would have gotten away with it if I had not come to Aeliana's rescue.

Aemilia was exiled from the village as punishment and we never saw her again.

Aeliana was broken for months after that. Her only family, someone that was supposed to protect her had been the one to cause her harm and for a while it looked like she was never going to  recover. She never even knew why her sister hated her so much.

Although I wanted to, I never professed my love to her. Instead, I was always there to protect her.

It took sometime for her to get past the betrayal of her sister but eventually, she got over it.

Now that her memories had been taken, I had no clue know how to explain to her that her sister could not be with her anymore.

I could not be the one to hurt her again. I feared that she would not have been able to get over it this time.

I could not break her heart again. I just could not bare to do such a thing.

**Present day**

I rubbed my eyes as I slowly walked down the stairs.

I could smell pancakes, delicious pancakes and my lips twitched up in a smile.

"Hmm, pancakes." I moaned as I walked into the kitchen. I was confused when I saw Edward by the stove and not Sierra. It took me a few moments to remember Sierra was away.

"Edward? You're making breakfast?" I stared at him in disbelief. Edward rarely ever made breakfast or any kind of food unless... "What do you want, Edward?" I said as it dawned on me.

"What?You think I want something?" Edward faked a laugh. "Can't a lad just make breakfast for his best mate without some hidden agenda behind it?" He said, flipping the pancake in the pan before turning to me.

"Absolutely." I nodded, taking a seat on a stool beside the kitchen Island. "A lad can do that but not Edward Sanders." I pointed out and Edward rolled his eyes before turning back to the food.

"I'm worried, Cal." Edward sighed, turning of the gas before turning back to me once again. "I'm worried about Sierra, so, I'm worry-cooking."

"Why? What happened?" I started to panic as I saw the uneasy look Edward had on his face. "Is she okay?"

"She-" Edward paused, looking like he was contemplating whether to say it or not. "She hasn't called and she should've gotten to London a few hours back." He finally said.

"She hasn't called?" I ran up to my room, grabbed phone and ran back to the kitchen in a flash.

I unlocked my phone and checked for missed calls but there wasn't any.

I'd slept throughout the entire night and I'd expected to see at least a missed call from Sierra when I woke up.

"I'll call her." I said, dialing her number and placing my phone on my left ear. I listened to the dial tone until the call disconnected. "She's not picking up. I'll try Bellamy." I dialed Bellamy but he wasn't picking up either.