pirate angel

"WAKE!"

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

"WAKE!"

Bolting upwards, Aura let out a strangled gasp as something deep within her forced her to fling herself up. Her eyes flying open, Aura blinked almost blearily as harsh, bright white lights seemed to blind her as her chest heaved up and down with great effort, her heart racing as she struggled to get a sense of her whereabouts and what in the hell had happened -- the last thing she remembered was the ship beginning to explode, bursting into a ball of flames as Thor flung himself around her to protect her but now Aura had no idea what in the hell was going on and --

"Where have you been?"

Aura would have known that scornful voice anywhere. Realizing that she was on some sort of medical table, with Thor only a couple inches away from her, silt, unconscious, Aura slowly but surely glanced upwards only to very suddenly wish she was still floating helplessly in space.

"Uh - oh," muttered Aura because there, right in front of her, was Gamora.

Arms folded across her chest, Gamora hardly looked different from the last time Aura had seen her, four years ago, only now Gamora was no longer alone. Standing by her side was a curly brown haired man with sideburns, donning a leather jacket -- he was the only other person Aura recognized, he had been the Ravager who managed to retrieve the orb all those years ago.

But the others were new. First as a heavyset, incredibly muscular man with thick, grey skin that was inked in blazing red tribal tattoos as his eyes seemed to pierce straight into Aura's soul. Near him was a tall yet incredibly slender woman with almost yellow skin, her eyes enormous and unblinking as antennae hung off from her forehead, waving slightly. Then came a strange, fuzzy creature of some sort donning a jumpsuit as well as a gun while a creature she recognized to be a teenage Groot was near him, paying no attention as all his focus was put into a small, handheld device he was fooling around with.

Finally came a woman that was an absolute vision of beauty with dark skin and golden marks that were flecked across her skin, marks which shimmered as light from the ship bounced off from them. She wore a suit similar to the one Aura had once worn when she still worked for Thanos, a sleeveless black jumpsuit made from thick leathery material with all sorts of knives and weapons strapped along it.

"Gamora," Aura wished that Thor had been awake so that she'd have an ally as she sat upwards on the table, facing her sister. "You still look... green."

"Where have you been?" Gamora repeated, taking an almost threatening step forwards as she stared down at Aura. "It's been four years, Aura -- four years! I thought -- I thought you were dead!"

"As you can see," said Aura slowly. "I am not dead."

"This is no time for your stupid jokes," snapped Gamora in response, her arms folding across her chest. "Where have you been? Why -- " hurt finally flashed across Gamora's face as she locked eyes with Aura. "Why did you leave?"