Chapter 1: Kora

I lie there in my bed as the sun streams through my shear balcony curtains. I just awoke from a nightmare. It took place in the long banquet hall on the First Day Ceremony, I was dressed in my finest gowned, and knelt before Odin, just like my sister did last year, ready to take the oath of the Valkyrie but instead of Odin asking if I'm ready to take up the duties of the Valkyries Odin took his sword and said 'You are not worthy of being a Valkyrie' and with that he slashed of my scaly black wing that have a little white around the edge. I was humiliated. But I have to keep reminding myself that it was just a nightmare.

"Kora," I heard from the door of my bed room. "I made pancakes. There your favorite." My adoring sister said enthusiastically. Finley, my sister, had normal wings, or almost, her wings are feathered and white with burnt black edges. I wish my wings where like hers. I go down stares to eat breakfast. I sit at the back of the table as I always do. "Valyrie, last call breakfast!" Finley yells. Valyrie is are roommate and my best friend. Shes usually at the table before me and never misses breakfast. Finley gave me a plate of 3 dragon fruit pancakes, my favorite.

"Oh... Finley, what did you make? It smells delicious." Valyrie says walking down the stares. Now if I was envious about anyone's wings it would be Valyrie's. Her are pure white and gorgeous feathered wings that are almost perfect. Enough about wings.

After talking and eating with Finley and Valyrie. I headed back up to my room to get change from my pj's to my to my knee length navy blue dress and my comfortable leather boots. Like always. I walk onto the balcony. I watch as other Valkyrie as they fly to the stables most are going to midgard to reap valiant soldiers that died overnight. I jump up on the rail of the balcony then spread my wings, letting myself fall forward knowing that my wings well catch the wind sending me into a glide.

. . .

After flying 3/4ths of the way to the Elves Village not wanting to git there so soon, I landed and started to walk. As I walked by the Fairies Village 1 fairy is being arrested not wanting to get hurt by messing with the Dark Stalker's business, I try get pass quickly, I only took one step when the fairy that is being arrested slipped out of one of the Dark Stalkers grip and flies and tries to hide in my long black hair that was neatly braided.

Someone yanked on my thick braid. I try to turn but my braid was grabbed right below my neck so it is hard to turn. 1 of the 4 Dark Stalkers went in front of me. "Umm... I'm q-quite sorry for Leviticus grabbing your braid in such a m-manner but there is a convict fairy in y-your braid and o-once again I-I'm very sorry.," The Dark Stalker says stuttering a little with his hood almost touching his nose.

"Okay, but Leviticus should have confronted me. Why you may ask, Well girls are great at getting things out of their hair by them self!," I said loud enough so the 3 Dark Stalker trying to get the fairy would hear. They didn't stop, they're still ruining my braid and crowding my wings in. " I CAN'T STAND IT ANYMORE!!" I yell as I throw open knocking the 3 Dark Stalkers to the ground.