Could You Love Me {XL}

Start from the beginning

_

"Ooooo there's a funland! Babe can we please go to the funland?" Imogen begged Chase, pointing toward the area with all the boardwalk rides.

Who knew Imogen was such a kid at heart.

"Sure." Chase chuckled, Imogen practically dragging him.

Axel slung his arm around my shoulders, steering me toward the ticket booth.

"First things first people, bumper cars!" Dean grinned, ushering us toward the track. "Sorry in advance if I give your children whiplash!"

Dean's yelling as we got in our cars earned us several glares from parents.

I snorted, catching Axel looking at me from a few cars across.

He's so going down.

The light turned green and everyone's cars jerked forward, speeding us as we rounded the track. Imogen squealed, barely able to steer the bumper car correctly, making me burst out in laughter as I hit her from the side.

"Oktober you whore!" Imogen groaned, only making me laugh harder.

My car jerked forward aggressively followed by evil chuckles. I turned my head around to see Dean, smirking at me satisfied.

"You're going down Lane!" I yelled, making Dean roll his eyes.

"If you can catch me!" He retorted, speeding away.

I chased after him, catching Archer and Axel bumping each other, using this as my opportunity.
I sped up, running right into the back of him, laughter raking through my body.

"Really babe?" Axel smirked, a shocked look on his face. "Get ready for payback."

"Have to catch me first." I winked, speeding away.

I spotted Chase running into Dean as I approached them, turning the wheels so I ran into the side of Chase's car, catching him off guard.

"O!" Chase yelled, flying into a little kid. "Nice going."

I laughed as I drove away, getting ready to run into Dean when the cars stopped, making me want to throw a fit.

These places are such scams.

"Seriously?" I groaned, shoving the seatbelt off.

"I'm untouchable." Dean bragged, making me roll my eyes.

"You would've been wrecked if I had two more seconds."

A shrieked left my lips as I was hoisted onto someone's shoulder, their arm wrapping around my thighs.

"Let's go on the ferris wheel, Oktober hates those." Axel announced.

"You wouldn't dare!" I gasped, smacking his butt.

"Payback darling."

I could feel the smug look on his face.

"C'mon Arch, let's kiss at the top!" Dean joked in his over dramatic high pitched voice.

"Anything for my honey." Archer replied, making all of us laugh.

Axel set me on my feet, only to lift me up bridal style, forcing me into the cart.

"I hate you." I glared, sitting across from him with my arms crossed like a child.

"You love me." He smirked, grabbing my hands.

Butterflies erupted in my stomach at his words. I felt my heart pick up a few paces and my cheeks burn. He was right. I completely, one hundred percent, loved him.

"I do." I smiled, making his eyes widen.

"Seriously?" He smiled back, his eyes lighting up brighter than I had ever seen them.

"No."

His smile dropping made me burst out laughing, pulling his face to mine, kissing his lips.

"Of course I'm being serious. I love you." I grinned, his award winning smile appearing again.

"Well that's convenient because I love you too." His blue eyes burning into mine, making me laugh. "So fucking much."

I felt my heart swoon as I stared at the man in front of me, feeling nothing but admiration and love for him. I was grateful for our chemistry class together, it being the sole purpose we started talking, and without it, I wouldn't be who I was without him; strong, cared about, and loved.

The feeling of the cart coming to a halt made me jump, looking out the side.

"We're at the top." I was clearly shocked, my nerves already being worked up.

"I think this is the part where we kiss and live happily ever after." Axel teased, and I punched his arm.

"Just because I said I love you doesn't mean I'm not mad at you for forcing me into this death trap." I stated, making him roll his eyes as he brought his lips to mine.

"It wasn't that bad now was it?" Axel smirked as we got closer to the ground, making me blush.

"I suppose not."

***