Chapter One: Welcome to Los Angeles

Start from the beginning

*    *    *

"Thank you for interviewing, we'll call you in a couple of da-" The professional woman started to say but was cut off by a loud scream. Both girls furrowed their eyebrows in confusion. "Excuse me, I'm going to see what happened. I'll be right back," the woman said then exited the room. [Name] let out her breath she didn't know she was even holding. The interview had gone well -- at least that's what she hoped. 

She was nervous, no doubt, but she answered the questions as truthfully as she could. [Name] wondered what that scream was about, but shrugged it off. It was probably someone who got fired and didn't want to believe it then got mad and screamed at the boss. Yeah, that was probably it. [Name] stood up and stretched her arms out. The interview lasted almost two hours, and even though the chairs were comfortable, her joints still felt numb. The [eye color] eyed girl walked over to Terra Lakeride's desk. She was the one who interviewed her. 

The desk was neatly organized. There was a stack of papers, a laptop, and a couple sticky notes. In the right corner of the desk there was a photograph in a picture frame. It was Terra standing next to a man who had his arms wrapped around her waist and there were two children standing in front of them with big smiles. [Name] smiled, assuming it was her family. They seemed like the perfect family. Happy, together, whatever you'd describe as perfect.

There was shuffling at the door, along with what [Name] thought was knocking. [Name] furrowed her eyebrows. 

"Terra? Is that you?" [Name] asked staring at the door. She got nothing but the shuffling and pounding on the door. [Name] thought that maybe Terra got locked out or something. She walked towards the door and swung it open. Her eyes widened at the sight in front of her.

"T-Terra?" [Name] asked nervously. Terra's clothes were ripped, and blood was all over her body. The smell of death surrounded her limping body. 

"Terra, what happened? Are you okay? Are you hurt? Why are you bleeding? What about the scream?" Questions rambled out of [Name]'s mouth and she couldn't help it. Terra didn't give any answers; just continued walking towards her with her bloody arms stretched out in front of her. [Name] gulped and took slow steps back. 

"Terra?" [Name] asked once again. This time she got an animal growl from the woman. The growl was followed by moans that made [Name] even more confused. "W-what? What are you trying to say?" [Name] questioned. Terra was closer now, her bloody fingers gripped onto [Name]'s white shirt; staining it with red. [Name] gasped and yanked Terra's hand away. 

"What are you doing?!" [Name] asked raising her voice slightly. Terra lunged at her, but [Name] dodged it and pushed her away. 

"I'm going to call the police," [Name] threatened holding up her phone. But it didn't seem to phase the bloodied girl. She continued getting closer to [Name]. [Name] quickly dialed nine-one-one after Terra tried grabbing her once again. 

"Sorry, but the number you are calling is currently busy at the time. Please try again later," the robotic voice said. [Name]'s eyes widened. How could it be busy? Is that even possible? She tried calling it again, but only to hear the same message. By this time, Terra had gotten close enough to [Name] and grabbed at her. [Name] fell back and landed on her butt, accidentally bring Terra down with her. Terra kept growling as she crawled towards the scared girl. [Name] kept backing up while breathing heavily. What was happening?

[Name]'s back smacked into the wall causing her to panic. "Oh no, no, no, no, no," [Name] said looking around for an exit. 

There wasn't one. 

Terra clawed [Name]'s face, opening a fresh wound. [Name] gasped at the stinging sensation. Terra crawled on top of [Name], making her clothes all bloody. [Name] gulped and shouted for help. 

"Help! Somebody please help me!" [Name] shouted hopelessly. But it was useless. Terra's face was inches away from hers. A mixture of drool and blood dripped onto [Name]'s face causing her to spit it back at Terra. Terra opened her mouth and let out an abnormal noise. [Name] closed her eyes ready to welcome death. 

"This is it. This is really it. I'm going to be murdered," she thought. 

Suddenly, someone smacked Terra in the head and sent blood spattering all over [Name]. [Name] gasped and opened her eyes to see a raven haired man with cold blue eyes. He held a metal pipe and stared down at her with bored eyes. He was wearing a business suit that had blood spattered all over the chest and legs. 

"You're all dirty," were the first words that came out of his mouth. 

[Name] opened her mouth to say something then closed it quickly. She pushed Terra's dead body off of her and stood up. The man was short, but still taller than her. 

"W-what happened?" [Name] asked. 

"I don't know. But there's blood everywhere in this building," he said disgusted. 

[Name] opened her mouth to say something but was interrupted by a growlish-moan from the doorway of the office. The raven haired man turned around and rolled his eyes. He walked over to the bloodied man and brought down the pipe on his head. Hard. The man fell down cold. 

"From what I can collect, these.. things attack people and eat their flesh until they die. Then the dead person wakes up as one of them," the man said pointing the dead body. [Name]'s eyes widened. 

"Are you saying they were already dead?" she asked in disbelief. 

"That's what I've seen at least," the man nodded. 

"But.. why? Don't they only have that stuff in movies and video games?" [Name] asked. 

"I guess not. Look-"

"[Name]."

"[Name], we need to get out of here. Of at least I have to. I honestly don't give a fuck if you decide to come along, but I'd guess it'd be best for you if you did," the man said. [Name] nodded and followed him out the door. He was right, everything was bloody. "Follow me," he said. [Name] nodded and followed him through the halls. There was bloody everywhere, pieces of clothing, pieces of flesh even. There were even some dead bodies laying around. [Name] gulped and shook her head. 

"Do you work here?" [Name] decided to try and start a conversation. 

"Yeah," was all he said. [Name] nodded shyly. They arrived at another office and walked in. "Lock the door," he said. [Name] twisted the lock on the door. There was blood all over in this room. On the walls, floor, windows. "Here, take this. You can at least make yourself somewhat useful," the man said holding out a hammer. [Name] opened her mouth and grabbed it out of his hands.

"I am too useful!" she exclaimed with a huff.

"Yeah, that why you were screaming for help earlier," he said and rolled his eyes. [Name] huffed and turned away from the rude man.

"A thanks would be appreciated, after all I'm the reason both of us are still living," said the cocky man. [Name] looked out the bloodstained window and watched the walking corpses, "Not living; surviving."

Kind of a crappy start for a first chapter, but oh well. 
What's done is done.
Sorry if there were any mistakes with spelling or grammar, just comment it and I'll fix it immediately. This is my second ongoing story, also my second Attack on Titan story. My first story is  Beautiful Rose so check that out if you haven't. 
I won't be updating this story everyday, probably every other day, or every three days. Since Beautiful Rose is my main story right now, this is just a little side project. And I'm going to try to make the updates at least 2500-3000 words so it'll take longer to write. 
Also do you guys prefer third-person (what it is in this chapter), second person (ect; You walked over to him.), or first person (ect; I sat down)?
Lots of Reader x (inserts person here) are second person, and I think I should do that. 
Please leave a comment what one you want.
Hope you like it so far!
Comment what you think? Thanks (: