"Turn around and find out."

I rolled my eyes and pushed myself out from underneath the hood, barely even catching a glimpse of Lauren before I was met with a stream of freezing cold water.

"Lauren! Stop it!" I yelled.

She laughed to herself but lowered the hose, keeping the water on and drenching my entire body until her arm dropped to her side. I glared at her and she tilted her sunglasses down a bit, notably eyeing me over the rims and biting down hungrily on her bottom lip.

"That's why," she nodded.

I stared down at my soaking clothes, my bra totally visible through the thin tank top and my shorts dripping with water. She had game, I'd give her that.

"Remember that talk we had when I took you to the rooftop of the school a few weeks ago?" I asked. "You know, the one about how I have no desire to kill you?"

"Yes, I remember," she smiled proudly.

"I'm seriously rethinking that right now."

"Oh, is that right?" she chuckled. "And what are you going to do?"

She dropped the hose to the ground, the metal spigot clanging against the concrete as she stepped forward. Her hands found my hips and she pushed me backwards, reaching up to slam the hood of the car down before pushing me on top of it. She spread my legs apart and stood between them, pressing her hips to mine and sliding her hands under my backside. She squeezed gently and I gasped, earning an approving smirk from her as she leaned me back against the hood. The searing hot metal burned my skin on contact and I arched my back off of the surface, wrapping my legs around her as she rolled the hem of my shirt up above my belly button and swirled her tongue in circles over the skin above my waistband. She moved up to my lips and kissed me lightly, pulling her sunglasses off and tossing them onto the chair behind her so that I could see into her piercing green eyes.

"I love getting you wet," she growled.

"Something tells me you're not talking about the hose anymore," I smiled.

"Let's find out," she shrugged.

Her hand immediately found its way to the button on my shorts, tugging at the fabric to try and loosen it, but I grabbed her wrist and pulled her away, sitting up onto my elbows to address her.

"Are you really about to fuck me on the hood of my car in broad daylight?" I asked.

"Well, when you put it that way it sounds kind of bad," she realized.

"I have a better idea," I announced, pushing her off of me and finding solid ground once again. "Let's go on a road trip."

"Can you even get this piece of shit to start?"

"With a little bit of help, yes," I grinned.

I walked over to my dad's tool box and fished around for my keys, pulling them out and tossing them in Lauren's direction. She caught them in mid-air and stared at me blankly, unsure of exactly what to do with them.

"Go crank the engine," I told her. "And keep your foot on the brake."

She groaned but stepped around to the side of the car, climbing into the driver's side and inserting the key in the ignition. I lifted the hood back up and examined the components underneath, making sure no fire hazards were present for Lauren's safety, but mostly for mine. She turned the key and the engine puttered but it didn't start, instead rattling until it died once more.

"Pump the clutch," I called.

"What?"

"The clutch...pump it," I repeated.