take me away from here

Millie and Finn got out of the movie. It was 7.20 pm, so they had almost two hours left before Finn had to go back to his uncle. They were walking back to Millie's and she was crying.
"That movie was... sad", Finn said.
"Sad? That was heartbreaking! I want to die, that scene where Spidey... where Peter just... and Tony and Doctor Strange... I can't." Millie had been a Marvel fan for years, and it became even bigger part of her life five years ago.

"I gotta say, Thor is one handsome man", Finn said to lighten up the mood, and succeeded. Millie laughed and took his hand. Finn wiped her tears and gave a kiss on her forehead. They both smiled, and before they knew it, they were in Millie's room.

"How did you become such a hardcore Marvel fan? I mean I've seen couple movies but I haven't really been the first one in the theatre to watch those and no, I definitely don't have that big collection of movies", Finn said as he saw the movies on Millie's wall. She had a huge shelf full of movies, not only Marvel, but some other action movies, couple horror movies, and plenty of romance and comedy. She had a TV on her room too, so she could watch anything she wanted, almost whenever she wanted.

"Hey, what can I say, we all have our yellow paint", she said softly. Finn smiled and looked through the shelf.
"Ooh, the Fault in Our Stars. I cried my eyes out on that", he said and continued to find all the movies he had seen.
"Okay, why did you never say you liked Harry Potter? I knew about Star Wars but Harry Potter? Can I just... I love you even more", Finn said and Millie came to hug him. She buried her face on his chest and he placed his chin on her head.
"I am a Slytherin, don't hate me please", she mumbled and hugged him tighter so he wouldn't let her go.
"I'm a Hufflepuff, don't worry. And I love everyone." She looked him in his eyes and suddenly jumped on her bed.

"But for real, how did you become such a fan? I doubt you just saw some Marvel movie on TV and thought that it was nice." Finn had sat next to her and taken her hand. She looked down, not sure if she was ready to talk about the thing that hurted her the most. She had told him everything else, but this felt harder to tell.

"I... you know I have a stepfather. But he has been my stepdad now for three, four years. My real dad left me and my mom five years ago, week before my birthday. I don't know why, he just disappeared but he did left a note. And I still don't get it, mom and dad were happy so why would he leave? But yeah, the point. When I was seven, my dad showed me my first Marvel movie, Iron Man, and I fell in love. I loved how he became a hero, and how intelligent he was. So I wanted to see more, and my dad started to buy me movies. Every birthday, every Christmas and sometimes just to cheer me up. All Spider-Mans, X-Mens, Avengers, I have them all. I feel like that is the only thing I have left from my dad. So I keep this going, and I don't know, when I was younger I kind of thought that maybe if I was first in the movie theatre, my dad would be waiting for me there. But he never was", she said and laid her head on his shoulder.
"I'm so sorry Mills. You don't deserve any of this." Millie had been crying almost this whole day. The one day when they could be together, and she just cried.

"Well, I've told everything about me, every bad and good stuff, but you haven't told me anything bad about your life", Millie said and looked at his eyes. He seemed like he was always happy, but when you really looked at him, you could see the pain he was hiding.

"You remember my cousins I told you about? Ayla and Jack?" Millie nodded and Finn continued, "Couple years ago Ayla... she had a cancer, and it was bad, she died but she really did fight. And I loved her so much, she was my best friend. She was perfect friend, she always listened and we did stupid shit together. But then one day when we were doing some prank, Ayla passed out and it turned out that she had had some breathing issues. So she went to doctor and... yeah." Finn started to cry too so Millie hugged him and told him it was okay. They both had their nightmares, the things that kept them awake at night, but they understood each other even better thanks to those.

And one of those nightmares was coming home right now.

They heard a car approaching Millie'e home. She ran to her window to see who was coming.
"Shit! Shit, shit, shit! What time is it?" Millie asked and looked at her phone. 8.21 pm.
"What is going on? Who is that?" Finn asked.
"It's Chris."

Millie remembered that Finn left his jacket downstairs and she was sure that Chris would find it. They both were freaking out, but Millie told him to wait till Chris comes inside and then he could leave from the window. She heard a door opening and closing so she whispered Finn to go.

"Wait, Mills", he whispered in front of her window.
"What?"
"I love you." And that was the first time she really realized that, someone loved her, more than anyone else and would do anything for her. She wanted to leave this house, she knew she had to.

"Take me away, Finn. Take me away from here", she cried and held his hands.
"I will, but you have to wait. One night, and we will go where he can never find you." He cupped her cheeks and kissed her softly. She was shocked but answered the kiss. They stood there for a minute, but fast, heavy footsteps were approaching her room. She broke the kiss and told him to hurry.
"I promise, you don't have to be in pain anymore", he said and leaved.

"Whose jacket is this?"
"Sir, it's Jaeden's. I borrowed it because I was cold", Millie said to Chris, who looked angrier than ever.
"Is it?"
"Yes, sir." Chris threw it on her bed. Millie thought he was going away, but instead he kept talking.

"Did I give you the permission to go outside?" he asked.
"N-no, but I had to do my school project with him and Sadie. So we went to Sadie's together but you know Sadie lives kind of far so I got cold. And I would have asked you, but I thought that I shouldn't bother you. I'm very sorry, sir", she lied, and surprisingly, it did work. Chris left her room, not so angry anymore, and even told her to come eat something. Maybe he had a good side in him after all. Maybe he had very hard years, maybe Millie actually was behaving badly and now things were getting better. But no, those were all wrong. Long time ago Chris did have a good side in him, but that side has been gone for years. He had good moments, but after those he always hurted twice as bad, and those scars lasted twice as long. Soon he was going to go out of his mind, and that was only hours away...

a/n

i felt bad for not publishing new chapters for so long that i decided to publish two chapters in same day. so enjoy these, and please vote if you liked this!

and i'm going through some stuff right now, one of them is really big thing, so i already apologize if i am not going to write so much. those things need my attention and i have to work on them as much as i can, so writing isn't my number one priority right now. but in three weeks i'm going to a vacation with my family so i try to at least write the next two chapters of this book before that. but thank you all, and have a nice day/night!
- emilia