Three

Georgie was following the men as they walked walked along the train tracks, her limping at the back, shortly behind Joe and Daryl.
"So, what's the plan Daryl?" Joe asked, looking at Daryl. Georgie was suddenly on edge, worried that Joe knew.
"How so?" Daryl replied calmly.
"Well, you're with us now but you ain't soon?" Joe questioned, and Georgie calmed down, realising he didn't know.
"Yup."
"So, what's the plan?" Joe repeated.
"Just, uh, looking for the right place is all."
"Ah. We ain't good enough for you, huh?"
"No." Georgie mumbled under her breath.
"Well, some of you ain't exactly friendly." Daryl retorted, and he found himself looking at Georgie.
"You ain't so friendly yourself. You know, you need a group out here."
"Well, maybe I don't."
"No, you do. You should be with us. People don't gotta be friendly. We don't have to be nice. We don't have to be brothers in arms. We just gotta follow the rules. You claim. If you steal, you keel. I know that sounds a little funny, but nobody laughs when something goes missing. And you don't lie, cause that's a slippery slope indeed."
"What happens if you break 'em?"
"Oh you catch a beating, the severity of which depends upon the offernce and the general attitude of the day." The two men looked at Georgie then, at her bruised face. "But that don't happen much, 'cause when men like us follow rules and cooperate a little bit well the world becomes ours." Joe whistled suddenly, looking at an abandoned warehouse. "Right there. That's our abode for the evening."
"Hey. There ain't no us." Daryl said sharply. His eyes fell on Georgie yet again.
"You leaving right now?" Joe asked. Daryl didn't reply, and Joe plucked the cigarette from Daryl's hand. "No? Then it sure seems like there's an us. You a cat person Daryl? I am. Loved 'em since I was theee years old. Vicious creatures. Anyway I'll tell you and this is true, ain't nothing sadder than an outdoor cat thinks he's an indoor cat."
With that, Joe left. Daryl looked at Georgie, and nodded reassuringly, then followed him.

Georgie was sleeping on the roof of a car when she heard Len shouting angrily. She didn't care. She just wanted to sleep; occasionally her dreams gave her a little peace. The best ones were when she would dream of memories, of her father playing with her in the garden, of eating ice cream on the beach as a family, of her grandmother teaching her how to knit, of her sister and her making up dances as children, of her mother braiding her hair.
She ignored the disagreement, until she heard Joe speak up. Then, she looked up. "Did you take his rabbit, Daryl? You can tell me the truth."
"Didn't take nothing." Daryl spat, and Georgie sighed. He was too hostile, too stubborn, and she worried it would make the situation worse.
"What do we got here? Come on." Daryl sighed, emptying Daryl's bag. His checked button down shirt fell out first, then a rabbits head. Georgie's heart sank. She knew this probably wouldn't end well, and if it ended badly for Daryl, it ended even worse for her. "Well look at that."
"You put that there didn't you? When I went out to take a piss!" Daryl hissed angrily, his eyes furious and tired.
"You lied."
"Didn't you?!" Daryl yelled.
"You lied. You stole. We gonna teach this fool or what Joe, huh?" Len asked, fury in his voice.
"Woah, woah, woah. Now, Daryl says he didn't take your half of the rabbit, so we got a little conundrum here. Either he's lying, which is an actionable offence, or, well you didn't plant it on him, like some pussy, punk-ass, cheating, coward cop did you? 'Cause while that wouldn't be specifically breaking the rules, it'd be disappointing."
"It would. I didn't." Len insisted.
"Good. We'll," Joe smiled softly, then he punched Len, "teach him a lesson gents. He's a lying sack of shit. I'm sick of it. Teach him all the way!" As Len got beaten, Joe turned to Daryl. "I saw him do it."
"Why'd you didn't try to stop him?"
"He wanted to play that out. I let him. You told the truth. He lied. You understand the rules. He doesn't. Looks like you get the head too." Joe nodded, then he left. Daryl packed his thins away, and Georgie finally could breathe again. Ignoring the sounds of Len being beaten to death, she closed her eyes, and went back to sleep.

That night she was left alone and she finally got a full nights sleep. She slept until the last minute, getting up just before the group left. She was one of the last out, and stood by Daryl as he went to cover Len's dead body with a sheet.
Georgie simply looked at him, then jumped down, and pulled the arrow out of his head, then passed it to Daryl, walking away. They carried on walking along some train tracks, Daryl and Joe walking on the grass while deep in conversation.
"Getting closer!" One man called, and Joe walked over, Daryl behind him, looking at a sign for a place called Terminus.
"You've seen this before?" Daryl asked.
"Oh yeah. And I'll tell you what it is. It's a lie. Ain't no sanctuary for all. Ain't gonna welcome guys like you and me with open arms."
"So is that where we're headed?" Daryl questioned, them all beginning to walk again.
"So now you're asking."
"That's right." Daryl nodded.
"We were in a house, minding our own business and, uh, this walking piece of faecal matter was hiding in the home. Stabbed our colleague, Tony. Hurt Georgie. He ran out, we tracked him to these tracks, one of those signs and thus we got a destinatation in mind."
Georgie felt sick, knowing it was a lie. They all knew the man - Rick- didn't hurt her. He tried to save her. And she was petrified of the thought of them finding the man who tried to save her. He was a good man, and she was even more scared about what they could do to his female friend.
"You see his face?"
"Yeah. Me and Len and Georgie. That's more than enough for a reckoning."
Daryl looked over at Georgie, and saw her shake her head. He nodded in understanding, and Georgie lowered her gaze back onto the floor. As she did so, she saw a empty wrapper of a Big Cat bar, trapped in the train tracks. She smiled softly, remembering the times when, after school, every Friday, her dad would take her to the small store at the end of their road, and let her choose a treat.
It gave Georgie a glimmer of hope, that maybe they would be okay.