i think we just lost

Start from the beginning

     "Oh, yeah," Dr. Strange's voice was low as he spoke calmly, sitting on top of completely obliterated stairs. "You're much more of a Thanos."

     "I take it the Maw is dead," if surprised to see Strange, Thanos certainly didn't show it, walking towards the sorcerer slowly, but with great purpose. "This day extracts a heavy toll. Still, he accomplished his mission."

     "You may regret that," Strange's voice held an undercurrent of threat. "He brought you face - to - face with the Master of the Mystic Arts."

     "Where do you think he brought you?"

     "Let me guess," said Strange, his usual sarcasm and wit beginning to peep through his tone. "Your home?"

     "It was."

     Clenching his gauntlet covered fist slightly, a red glow emitted from it as Thanos gazed around sorrowfully. Instantly, the scene began to change and Kennedy had to cover her mouth with her hands to stop herself from squeaking as the planet turned from nothing but debris and rubble to lush gardens and vast homes made from shining marbles and glass domes, filled with people that weren't really there.

     "And it was beautiful," continued Thanos. "Titan was like most planets. Too many mouths, not enough to go around. And when we faced extinction, I offered a solution."

     "Genocide," corrected Strange.

     "At random," Thanos didn't even bother to refute Strange's accusation. "Dispassionate, fair. The rich and poor alike. And they called me a madman," he said bitterly. "And what I predicted came to pass," red dust swept across the scene Thanos had set, returning to its original state of ruin.

     "Congratulations," said Strange dryly. "You're a prophet."

     "I'm a survivor."

     "Who wants to murder trillions," said Strange.

     "With all six Stones, I could simply snap my fingers," Thanos snapped his ungloved hand, the noise echoing ominously in the silence. "And they would all cease to exist. I call that mercy."

     "And then what?" Asked Strange, standing up and beginning to walk slowly towards Thanos.

     "I finally rest. And watch the sun rise on a grateful universe," Thanos glanced down, his voice laced with regret. "The hardest choices require the strongest wills."

     "I think," Strange made several gestures, producing fiery red ancient symbol shields over his hands. "You will find our will equal to yours."

     "Our?"

     On cue, zooming down from the skies, pushing an absolutely humongous piece of debris down with him came Tony, smashing it directly on top of Thanos as dust and rubble flew upwards, a crater having been created as everyone else began to come forwards while Thanos was momentarily held underneath of it, Peter swinging forwards with webs as he flipped through the air as Star Lord strode forwards, his gas mask covering his face completely as he brandished two of his metallic guns which gleamed in the dim lighting.

     "Piece of cake, Quill," said Tony through the comms.

     "Yeah, if your goal was to piss him off!"

"He deserves to be pissed off!" Blaise was running towards Thanos in great strides, hardly glancing at Quill. "Actually -- he deserves a lot worse!"

     A sharp purple glow grew out from the debris smashed on top of Thanos as it began to hum, rumble, and shake violently as Thanos let out a loud battle cry before it shattered into a million small pieces, taking off after Tony, with Tony flying off as it followed him like magic, Thanos stumbling to his feet. Swinging onto the scene, Peter shot several webs at Thanos, one hitting him directly in the eye as Kennedy, still invisible, began her attack on his legs, throwing multiple explosives onto them as they blew up, doing little more than annoy him as he swatted around, attempting to hit her as she suddenly became visible.