Chapter 12

Dani's POV

After texting Demi, I heard my dad come home. I wonder where he's been. I heard him come in the front door, he slammed the door behind him. He must be mad. Him and my mom started talking, well more like yelling, and I couldn't help but listen in.

"What the fuck was Evan thinking?!"

"At least he got the girl." What girl?

"He's gonna get us all arrested! That girl's all over the news now!" Arrested?

"We just have to stay under the radar for a little while. The cops never caught us after Danielle." After me? What about me?

I spaced out and ignored all the yelling until I heard my mom coming up the stairs. I ran and jumped on my bed, opening my laptop so it looked like I was doing something. She opened the door. "Me and your dad have to go somewhere, we'll be back in a few hours. Stay here. I don't want you going out." She shut the door and I waited until I heard the car pull out of the driveway before getting up. I walked to the basement door, my dad's office is down there. I bet there's something down there that can explain what's going on. I put my hand on the cold knob before turning it. Dammit, it's locked, of course. I pulled a bobby pin out of my hair and knelt down before putting it in the key hole. I jiggled it around until I heard the lock click open. I put the bobby pin in my pocket before opening the basement door. I hit the light switch then walked down the stairs. There was just a desk and a few bookshelves. I took a seat behind the desk and started digging through the folders and binders. Nothing, just dumb bills and shit. I got up and went to one of the bookshelves. All the binders have labels except for one..I took that one off the shelf and put it on the desk as I sat down. I started looking through it. There were a bunch of newspapers. All of them were about missing people. I found one with the title, 'Missing Family: Sarah, Christopher and Danielle Baker.'

I read farther down on the page, 'police received a phone call 3 nights ago due to a concern of a missing family. No one has seen or heard...'

I continued to scan the page. After I read everything, I opened my dad's laptop and searched 'Sarah and Christopher Baker.' I clicked on the first article. It said that they were found dead a week after they were announced missing. But it also says their daughter, Danielle Baker, was never found. That couldn't be me right? I'm Danielle Edwards..and my parents are Mary and Steven Edwards. Unless they killed..no, no, they couldn't have. Danielle Baker isn't me..it can't be.

---------------------------------------------

Uh oh! Dani might be in some deep trouble. Is she Danielle Baker?

Please please please comment because I love to read your comments and they motivate me to keep writing! Let me know what you think, like, and want to see later in the story!!

Thanks for reading and voting!