Chapter 43: Could've Beens

Nicole peeked her eyes out from under the covers, light from the windows penetrating though her closed eyes. She wasn't going to try to go back to sleep, there was honestly no way it would happen. She rubbed her eyes and slowly opened them, squinting as she slid out of bed. She had no idea how long she had slept for, but she knew that she rarely got to sleep in, so she took full advantage of it.

Nicole rubbed her eyes again as she slowly walked out of the bedroom into the kitchen. Being as quiet as she could she walked over to the man focused on his cooking and looped her arms around his waist. 

"Happy anniversary!" She said before putting a soft kiss on his shoulder blade through the thin grey shirt.

The man turned slightly and looped his arm around her, still using one hand to handle the pan on the stove. "You too, Nicole." He smiled and pressed a kiss to her forehead.

"Good to know that you actually know how to use a pan. Given how you never cook for me." Nicole looked up and smiled.

"Just wait until you bite into this and you'll thank me for collecting take out menus." He looked down and smiled at her, laughing as she rolled her eyes.

"Whatever you say, Misha." Nicole walked over to start to set the table, "So how many years is this?"

"Well..." Misha started to plate everything he'd woken up early to make, "Officially, 16 years. But if you count since we started dating it would be about 19."

"Its been that long?" Nicole walked over and ran her hands up Misha's chest and around to the nape of his neck, going on her tiptoes to reach, "And to think I haven't gotten sick of your humor yet." Nicole smiled as Misha laughed, making a smile from ear to ear.

"Trust me, give it a few more years. We did get married in college so there's plenty more time for that" He joked as he bent his head down to touch his lips to hers. "Now come on lets eat before we have to go."

"You mean you're actually going to let me come to set with you?" Nicole's face practically exploded with excitement. She has always wanted to go to set with Misha but things had always gotten in the way. It had been a month since she'd seen everyone together.

"Yeah if you're not working. I'm sorry we just have a lot of filming to do and I don't want to not see you all day."

"Don't be sorry, I can't wait to go." Nicole said as she bit into her food, Misha eyeing her to see the reaction. "You don't give yourself enough credit, this is actually very good."

Misha smiled to himself and took her free hand in his, giving it a light squeeze.

*************

As Nicole got out of the car with Misha she tried her best to hide the huge smile on her face. Not only was she finally going to be able to see all her and Misha's friends together in one place, but the two had stayed up half the night planning all these elaborate pranks on Jared and Jensen that Misha would never be able to pull off alone. 

Misha walked around the car and held out his hand as he waited for her to get the two bags of stuff they brought for the day. Both filled with stuff they had planned for the boys. Nicole handed him one bag and he locked the car behind them before switching his free hand to be able to hold his wife's hand, who happily gave it to him. They walked over to his trailer before Misha handed her his keys to the trailer and kissed her on the cheek, heading over to hair and makeup.

As Nicole started laying out all the stuff they had bought for pranks she heard the door open behind her. Without turning around she assumed the worse, "What! Nothing! Give me a second!" She threw her jacket over everything and sprawled out across it before turning around and breathing a sigh of relief.